Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: Stupid question

Lurker

Status

Default Stupid question

so im going to act really stupid today i guess and ask if i need to do a valve lash job on my motor. or do lt1 motor not need to have the valves lashed after some miles and some racing. i feel stupid asking this but i just want to make sure car runs strong as long as i can until the end of the year when im rebuilding it

Whats your valve train setup?

Since I can't ever leave my motor along, the valves get reset and adjusted once a year it seems. But if its not a SR setup, if they are getting louder than normal, its prob wise to examine them.

SR should be adjusted more frequent and I do not have the experience to say how often.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Lurker

Status

A hydraulic lifter/roller cam motor should not need valves re-lashed. If you start to hear some noise after "some racing"...you may have damaged a valve train part (bent push rod or broken spring) unless one of the rocker nuts came lose (it should not)
    96 BBB 383/T56

Lurker

Status

okay i was thinking i didnt need to. they are not getting louder. the only reason i bring this up is i was working on a old 383 and it just made me think hmmm do i need to do mine lol