Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Default Fuel sending unit

I need a fuel sending unit with the float but do not need the pump for my 95z, Dealer wants $300.00 !!
    and I see a few after market ones, who has purchased what brand and how was the fitment, I see some that say for a 95 camaro and are not even close to what ours look like. the clip came off the float and who knows where it went and I doubt you can only purchase the clip, Thanks

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    I need a fuel sending unit with the float but do not need the pump for my 95z, Dealer wants $300.00 !!
    and I see a few after market ones, who has purchased what brand and how was the fitment, I see some that say for a 95 camaro and are not even close to what ours look like. the clip came off the float and who knows where it went and I doubt you can only purchase the clip, Thanks
    got one from advance auto the spectra or whatever one and worked fine. but it was like 250

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I have a brand new, but older factory sending unit, no pump. But it is missing the level sensor. Back when this unit was purchased, it was the only way to get a new level sensor, but now I believe the sensor is available aftermarket. I can post pictures. If all you really need is the level sensor, have you looked into the availability of a new sensor?

The original factory unit from my 94 had been modified to support a Bosch high pressure pump. Level sensor was damaged, so bought the new sending unit, drilled the pop rivets that held the sensor, and put the new level sensor on the old sending unit.

If interested I'll come up with an asking price.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    I have a brand new, but older factory sending unit, no pump. But it is missing the level sensor. Back when this unit was purchased, it was the only way to get a new level sensor, but now I believe the sensor is available aftermarket. I can post pictures. If all you really need is the level sensor, have you looked into the availability of a new sensor?

The original factory unit from my 94 had been modified to support a Bosch high pressure pump. Level sensor was damaged, so bought the new sending unit, drilled the pop rivets that held the sensor, and put the new level sensor on the old sending unit.

If interested I'll come up with an asking price.
    Let me check to see if the sensor is still working, the mounting point for the float may be damaged, do you have the clip that holds the float? thats what somehow came off, then I tried to do a quick fix by wrapping the float with safety wire and may have damaged the mounting point. I will check this weekend and get back to you, Thanks

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I no longer have any parts from the original level sensor. It was tossed because it was faulty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

A couple of months ago, I bought a Spectra #SP3908H from rockauto for a 94 Z28. It was complete with the pump for $96.79. No fitment issues. I sold the car to a friend and it still works fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam