Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Lurker

Status
    Name
    james a green
    Vehicle
    1994 formula

Default ftdi to tune pcm

alright guys....new here and learning...i got a 94 formula lt1 that i want to tune.I bought a ftdi chip for the usb hookup...here's my question.the rx tx prongs ...where do they go to the obd1 (which pins) and which prongs are the rx tx on the ftdi... any other info you can provide would be appreciated...thanks guys...

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Don't know the answer, but I suspect member

@GaryDoug

does. In the meantime see if this helps:

http://www.firebirdnation.com/forums...-for-under-20/
    Last edited by Injuneer; 05-19-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Douglas Washer
    Vehicle
    1998 TA

On the car OBD1 connector, ground goes to pin A. TXD and RXD of the cable both go to pin M. You can find out which wire of the cable is TXD and which is RXD by opening the USB end case. Usually they are white and green or orange and yellow.

LTXtech has locked out my other username for some reason (they have my password wrong) so I had to make another one.