Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opti Problem?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jody Wells
    Vehicle
    1997 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Thanks for following up. Certainly explains why P0336 was indicating a mismatch of the CKP signal and the Opti signal of 14-degrees, as indicated by your reading for the “CKP:LoResolutionAngle”. Opti misalignment was suggested in posts #4, #7, and #10. Then we seemed to be put down by someone who didn’t even bother to read the thread, for not measuring things, for guessing, andfor just and not understanding the simplicity of the Opti. At that point I just gave up.
    Man I'll be the first to say I feel like a dumbass for not finding it sooner but just my inexperience with the setup I didn't check the pin. My best guess is the dynaspark is a billionth of an 1" difference and it barely engaged that pin and the new optis won't, either that or the pin moved. Either way after measuring and painting and putting on 3 optis for an hour and finally looking up the pin specs and looking at pictures it was obvious it isn't right. In any case I learned a lot about the whole setup and I wanted to say thanks again for the help. Maybe this info will help someone down the line. FYI it is a comp 306 and comp is sending new correct pin, which I will damn sure measure..

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Glad you worked it out!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jody Wells
    Vehicle
    1997 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Glad you worked it out!
    So still waiting on Comp Cams.... I ordered a pin from Crower/Lunati. The Crower pin is 1.188" from end to end, which is the same as the pin that we pulled out of the cam. This appears to make it about 1/4" too short at least. Does anyone know what the total correct pin length is for Comp.? I am trying to determine whether I have the incorrect pin length or they drilled the cam pin hole too deep. I have found tons of threads on measuring from the end of cam nose anywhere from .620",.650", .685" but not total pin length. So far Comp is less than helpful, between sitting on hold or waiting on callbacks, I have talked to 4 people, voicemail, and waited 2 weeks and haven't received anything or gotten any info.
    "

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234