Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Lurker

Status
    Name
    That guy...
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Default Project Don't Tick Me Off Under Construction 94 TA

So I had seriously thought about selling my car and even had a buyer come to look at it. However a rude potential buyer strengthened my resolve to get this car exactly as I would like it to be. It has CC306 cam some ported heads/intake, 58mm TB, PaceSetter headers, Revmax 3600 stall, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, 255 Walboro fuel pump, Racetronics 37lb. injectors, 3.73 gears, LPW stud girdle, torque arm, subframe connectors, Summit Star 15x8 and 15x3.75's with Nitto drag radials on the rear. Also have the LT1 tune software and cable, ordered new 15x10 wheels for the rear along with new front and rear more street friendly tires. I also purchased an Alpine 9887 head unit to replace the one in it that has quit working. I also have purchased a RE Audio SA50.4 4 channel amplifier (while not as powerful as I'd like its small size will be great for the car. Just to keep some money saved I will be using some new in the box PPI A2.65C Art Series speakers I have had sitting around for awhile even though the amp will not provide them with nearly the power they want. I will also be using my Pierce Audio Series 1K 10's along with a Massive Audio N4 mono amp to power them. The only remaining items for me to purchase for the stereo is sound deadening and a sub box built more for this car. The next item for me to have taken care of before the stereo gets completely installed is an alignment and get the paint job done. I have also been ordering some little things for it and still in the process of getting everything in the interior just as I want. Yep I will most likely be replacing the carpet (even though it is not horrible, just not up to my standards of where I want the car to be) and getting 2 new front seats to add a little more comfort and style to the interior.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

I have a a single 10" in a stealth box tucked into the rear right cubby and the amp is mounted where the spare used to be. I didn't want to lose my t-top holders but wanted some good sound. I used the stock monsoon amp to power the door,sail and deck speakers. Also, when I used the crutchfield adapter harness for the dash the factory amp turn on is not in the right spot so I had to de-pin and move the wire over to the right one.

Glad your keeping it and getting it back in fighting shape.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

Lurker

Status
    Name
    That guy...
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara54 View Post
    I have a a single 10" in a stealth box tucked into the rear right cubby and the amp is mounted where the spare used to be. I didn't want to lose my t-top holders but wanted some good sound. I used the stock monsoon amp to power the door,sail and deck speakers. Also, when I used the crutchfield adapter harness for the dash the factory amp turn on is not in the right spot so I had to de-pin and move the wire over to the right one.

Glad your keeping it and getting it back in fighting shape.
    Yeah I had wanted to keep the holders also, but I will need a second battery along with 2 amps and about 200 pounds of subs and box back there so space will be a distant memory back there.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    That guy...
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Just ordered an Opti Shield and will order electric water pump later.