Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Lurker

Status
    Name
    ADOR
    Vehicle
    1999 Camaro

Default Here to do some more reading up on the LT1

I have helped my oldest boy with his 383 Lt1 and considering a Lt1 for my 4th gen.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

it says you have a 1999 camaro, surly your not wanting to swap the ls1 for a Lt1?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    ADOR
    Vehicle
    1999 Camaro

Yes I do have a 99. But it's not a factory v8 car, it's a v6/5 speed car. I have thought and been researching dropping the First gen (1978 350, factory 4v, 4bolt main, LS9) into it. But did like the LT1 we re-did when it spun a main bearing in his 93 z28. I have a ton of part for this engine at home already.

I have found a couple of iron headed LT1's and thought about maybe swapping one of them and not swapping head and camshaft into the SBC. I have also been pricing what parts I need to drop the LSx series of engine into it. Including in price computer, wiring, etc all the little odds and ends.

Currently in my parts pile is a 94 z28 parts car, still has K member I would need. Msd 7al3, Msd 6al, several aftermarket distributors, Lunatti roller camshaft, E922p camshaft, holley commander 950 ecm with wiring, roller lifters, performance wires, spare LT1 radiator, torker 2 intake manifold, 4v tbi and 454 style 2v tbi, etc. 700r4 and correct tailshaft for the camaro, Th350 with shift kit and shifter, 040 cylinder heads (64 cc from 76 cc head), etc.

It's just a research project at this point as I have considered a small turbo later on. One main thing is I don't what to have to cut anything up to get it to fit, this includes the wiring. Decided it was time to have a hot rod with AC, lol. I have seen and saved the old web pages of putting LT1 intake onto SBC, even seen where they modded the heads and intake onto one.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Would end up being cheaper to just buy a running lt1 car to be honest.