Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    97 Trans Am

Default Another Bird revival

Well I figured while I had a minute I'd try to lay out a plan for the new to me 97 firebird.

I bought the car with an overheated engine in it and a spare one to go back in it the car. Me being me dropping another stock motor in it just won't do. So hopefully I can scrape up the money for some well placed upgrades and get the car back on the road and hanging with all these new higher hp cars. After all car will be daily driven to work to keep miles off of my truck so should be able to be easy on it till the whole car will handle the additional power. Hopefully it will end up in the 400hp and 11s area when done. Still have to pull old motor and see what all is salvageable on it and clean up under the hood.

Plan is as followed:

cam & lifters
    1.6 Roller rockers
    Lt headers
    full exhaust
    24x setup
    tuned with HP tuners by me

After car is running again I'll start saving back up for a build trans and suspension work as well as fixing the little things.

Any recommendations are very welcome as this is my first lt and car. I'm way more used to dealing with the ls stuff but I'm excited about working on this one.
    Last edited by Jcvititow; 04-16-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

I got a nice TB and Cam for sale!!
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    97 Trans Am

Ole cam might be a bit much for a stock bottom end lt.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Just send it hahahaha. nice to see something like this instead of the old 5.3 swap!
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    97 Trans Am

Well got a few things ordered over the weekend and hopefully enough to start putting things back together. Money didn't quite allow for what I was hoping tho.

Ordered:
    Efi 24x parts
    Long tube headers and y pipe
    Lifters
    Lunati roller rockers
    Lunati 270/278 cam
    Lunati spring kit
    Guide plates
    Rocker studs
    Arp head bolts
    All new gaskets
    Electric water pump
    Timing set

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    97 Trans Am

Finally made a little progress on the car. I got the motor put together and back in the car and I think all the wiring sorted out for the 411 swap just need to bundle up a little bit more or the wiring. Need to get around to installing all of the sensors, exhaust and front accessories so I can get power to it computer and get a base tune in it.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    97 Trans Am

Well I finally got all the wiring done and a few more things taken care of. But I am having a problem with the starter now. I tested it off of the car and it engaged and spins over like it should. Now the problem. When I turn the key it wont stay engaged. It nearly sounds like it is pulsing instead of staying engaged. I marked the crank pulley and it is turning it over little by little. It has brand new battery cables on it. Any common problems or anything to look for? Thanks

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    97 Trans Am

Well after a new starter, battery cables, fuel pump, fuel filter, and radiator I finally got it started up and leaked free for now. But im thinking the injectors are bad cause it's pouring fuel out and I think the stock ones are going to be to small anyways. Luckily I have a set of new take out ls3 injectors to put in it as soon as my adapters show up. But it is finally making some noise.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5bc7af34...0402437245.mp4

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk