Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jm
    Vehicle

If I want to change my timing at boost to make the car a bit safer until I get to do some upgrades are these the tables to use in turner cars ? From what I’ve been reading mid 20s at 85 to 100 kpa 3k to 6k. Is that right or am I way off

First off, Listen to all these guys, Po, Tub and Show, they are all giving you good advice, definitely get rid of the FMU, some questions, do you have a boost reference fuel regulator? are you running a 2 bar map? what plugs do you have and at what gap, first off basic items you should look into, tuning is different with a 1 bar vs a 2 bar, as the owner of a SC now Turbo LT1, I can tell you if you get the tune spot on you will not have any issues, Ive been running boost since 1997 on a stock PCM and Stock MAF and the motor makes 806 HP right now and thats on a conservative tune with only 11lbs of boost...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    First off, Listen to all these guys, Po, Tub and Show, they are all giving you good advice, definitely get rid of the FMU, some questions, do you have a boost reference fuel regulator? are you running a 2 bar map? what plugs do you have and at what gap, first off basic items you should look into, tuning is different with a 1 bar vs a 2 bar, as the owner of a SC now Turbo LT1, I can tell you if you get the tune spot on you will not have any issues, Ive been running boost since 1997 on a stock PCM and Stock MAF and the motor makes 806 HP right now and thats on a conservative tune with only 11lbs of boost...
    he can use a stock regulator for low boost. it will raise 1:1. we are still using a stocker at 12psi

we also went back to the 1 bar map, the 2 bar was making the car go nuts rich on transition and I couldn't get it to smooth out.

OP you need to slow down and gather all the parts before you even think about tuning it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jm
    Vehicle

I absolutely appreciate everyone who has posted. Yeah I did go off half cocked amd I definitely am starting to buy some parts to better support the sc.
    as on now on the car this is what it has. New plugs oe heat range gaped at .35 (non platinum) 3 cat back, v1 sc with fuel booster, fmu, crane cam hi-6 ignition box with trc2 BTM. 1bar map, stock regulator, injectors etc (the car is stock basically) the fans are set to come on so the car runs around 200 degrees. (I do have Turner cats but am a noob when it comes to changing things so I don’t.) the abs and traction control have been deleted. I do have a wideband installed (not able to date log with it yet I need to hook it to tur ac for logging)

My next planned steps are;
    replace the MAF with a new one (mine was de screened by previous owner.) fuel pump & hot wire kit, I’m going to run the 60 lbs injectors (new) I got from the guy I got the kit from, ditching the booster pump and fmu. I’m really thinking about ditching the trc2 BTM as I’m not sure it working and really makes me nervous. I’d like to set the timing I’m the tune around 25-26 at boost (from Iv been reading this is safe ish).
    All of this I think I can budget and get done reasonably quickly.

After that I was thinking meth injection and or fmic.

I really do appreciate everyone’s imput and catching when I make a dumb move.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFknJm View Post
    I absolutely appreciate everyone who has posted. Yeah I did go off half cocked amd I definitely am starting to buy some parts to better support the sc.
    as on now on the car this is what it has. New plugs oe heat range gaped at .35 (non platinum) 3 cat back, v1 sc with fuel booster, fmu, crane cam hi-6 ignition box with trc2 BTM. 1bar map, stock regulator, injectors etc (the car is stock basically) the fans are set to come on so the car runs around 200 degrees. (I do have Turner cats but am a noob when it comes to changing things so I don’t.) the abs and traction control have been deleted. I do have a wideband installed (not able to date log with it yet I need to hook it to tur ac for logging)

replace the MAF with a new one (mine was de screened by previous owner.) fuel pump & hot wire kit, I’m going to run the 60 lbs injectors (new) I got from the guy I got the kit from, ditching the booster pump and fmu. I’m really thinking about ditching the trc2 BTM as I’m not sure it working and really makes me nervous. I’d like to set the timing I’m the tune around 25-26 at boost (from Iv been reading this is safe ish).

run 2 step colder than stock plug, run a copper core gapped to .030. ditch the ignition box

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

[QUOTE=Tubby Z28;486462]

we also went back to the 1 bar map, the 2 bar was making the car go nuts rich on transition and I couldn't get it to smooth out.

Strange, my A/F is constant all through out, But all is different. Yup you can use the stocker FPR, but if he replaces it due to age, he can control the pressure "If Needed" as a bandaid for what ever reason, I run stock pressure.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Moe
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 04-09-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: I answered my own question

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Did i miss which fuel pump ur running?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jm
    Vehicle

Still the stock pump and vortech booster. I haven’t had any time to play with the car gonna order the warbro 225 next payday I think put in the 60 lb injectors.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

Still the stock pump and vortech booster. I haven’t had any time to play with the car gonna order the warbro 225 next payday I think put in the 60 lb injectors.
    Lonnie's daul pump is my recommendation. If you have to upgrade​. So, you are sure you have enough fuel.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast