Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Default Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust

Thought all might like to know this kit bolts up to LPP/XS-Power headers perfectly. It was a fairly simple install. I also have a MWC torque arm with the standard crossmember for a catback. It had to be clearanced for the last exhaust I had on it and didn't have to do any more. I'm 99% sure it will work with the double drop crossmember and about 80% sure it will work with the true dual crossmember.

The clamps suck but they're usable if you replace the bolts with grade 8. Just make sure they aren't slid too far over the female pipe and tighten the shit out of them. Although they all are still leaking just a tad bit.

Take the time to adjust all the pipes and give them enough room to move a little and it fits pretty well. I also left all the clamps loose and pushed the x-pipe up as far as it would go with a floor jack. Then tightened down all the clamps. I didn't even use the additional hanger that uses the rear seatbelt bolt.

i haven't taken any pics or videos yet. I'll post some when i get time.
    95 Cyber Grey Formula
    396 M6
    LE 244/252 .636/.636 110
    LE 215cc Trickflows

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 TransAm 385

I didn't see a true dual kit for the LT on their site, did you use the LS kit? As far as the tightening the female slip on fittings, you could cut a few small slits into the female end, that would allow it to compress under the clamp. That's what I did to make sure it clamped tight.
    1995 TA M6 E85
    Power mods: AFR 210 Comp Eliminators, LE LT4 intake, Custom LE cam, 12.5:1 385ci, M29
    Suspension: Koni's, 600/175lb Ground Control, 36.5/21mm sway, Fays2 Watts Link, rod-ended everything, C5 brakes, etc.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    That guy...
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Yes when looking into this I saw the LS kit would fit the LT1 relatively easily.

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 TransAm 385

Nice! I wish I had enough clearance to fit 2 3" pipes with my Watts Link, but 1 3" barely fits.
    1995 TA M6 E85
    Power mods: AFR 210 Comp Eliminators, LE LT4 intake, Custom LE cam, 12.5:1 385ci, M29
    Suspension: Koni's, 600/175lb Ground Control, 36.5/21mm sway, Fays2 Watts Link, rod-ended everything, C5 brakes, etc.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Javier
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ElkySS View Post
    Thought all might like to know this kit bolts up to LPP/XS-Power headers perfectly. It was a fairly simple install. I also have a MWC torque arm with the standard crossmember for a catback. It had to be clearanced for the last exhaust I had on it and didn't have to do any more. I'm 99% sure it will work with the double drop crossmember and about 80% sure it will work with the true dual crossmember.

The clamps suck but they're usable if you replace the bolts with grade 8. Just make sure they aren't slid too far over the female pipe and tighten the shit out of them. Although they all are still leaking just a tad bit.

Take the time to adjust all the pipes and give them enough room to move a little and it fits pretty well. I also left all the clamps loose and pushed the x-pipe up as far as it would go with a floor jack. Then tightened down all the clamps. I didn't even use the additional hanger that uses the rear seatbelt bolt.

i haven't taken any pics or videos yet. I'll post some when i get time.
    did you ever get any pics or videos?

I just started installing this system on my 97 WS6

Wish they had a bit more details or pictures on how the hangers bolt up in the rear, but after some SWAGs I got it on there, the driver side tailpipe is sitting a bit lower and further out than the other, so I need to adjust them

Were you able to get it leak tight?

Im thinking about putting copper rtv at the joints
    97 Trans Am WS6, LT1 factory 4bolt freak, M6,
    68 Firebird 400, YC 400, 670 heads M4
    14 Fiat 500e
    , 83kW motor, 24kWh 364 V battery