Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

Default Help!!!

So, did the cam swap. Installed new spring kit, 1.6 rr, new pan gasket, new alt, painted intake and rails, pushrods, motor mounts, pan gaskets etc.

Buttoned it up, crank- no start.

Pulled front cover, verified dot to dot on timing chain. Opti installed correctly. Plugged in correctly. New coil. New icm. Injectors getting pulses when opti spins. Fuel pressure at the rails is 44-48. ICM has proper voltage. Coil makes spark. Voltage present on opti plug. ICM ground present. Battery ground fine. Battery is charged. Scan 9495 showed only a low volt code on MAP and it is fine now. All fuses are intact. I've tried my known good opti and a new one.

Does anyone have even the slightest clue where to check next?

I'm at my wits end.

Thanks in advance (1995 car, console is out, 1993 intake and rails)
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Do you get any popping like it's trying to start, or just dead silence? Spark at the plugs, or just at the coil?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

It has spark. Fuel misted into the TB causes a firing condition. I'm not sure of the strength of it
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Fuel pressure? Is there and injector pulse?

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 03-16-2018 at 02:31 PM.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

44-48 (in OP)

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

check opti signals, just had one where a guy did a cam swap using a new accell and was getting spark but no pcm pulse for injectors

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

It's sending pulses to injectors.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Does it have compression? If not are the Valves adjusted too tight? Timing marks. Cam gear set at 12 O’Clock and crank gear set at 12 O’Clock is TDC on number one. Cam gear at 6 O’Clock and crank gear at 12 O’Clock is TDC on #6. In the attached diagram it shows timing marks at 6 and 12 with the cam pin at 3 O’clock. Rotor should line up with #6 plug wire. Also make sure your cam pin is out far enough to engage into the back of the distributor. You also state that by spraying some fuel into TB it tries to fire. If it was me I would pull the injectors and verify that they are indeed spraying some fuel. Just crank enough to verify fuel spraying. If you have a inspection camera you can stick it down the TB into a port and verify that the injectors are spraying fuel. Which would be safer. Fuel pump may be priming but not running when cranking, could be an issue with the oil sending unit. With No oil pressure pump cuts off. Bad sending unit can cause fuel pump not to run when cranking. Just giving some ideas to double check. Don’t get frustrated, take it one step at a time and double check everything. Keep us posted on what you figure out. Post up a video when it’s running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

20180304_112122.jpg

Timing is on. Oil pressure is present while cranking. I'll see if I can get a camera down in there when my brother gets back.

I measured the pin when I received the cam and it was within spec. I will back the rockers off a quarter after I verify fuel.

Thanks for all of the comments so far. This thing is being a PITA

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle Throckmorton
    Vehicle
    1972 Corvette 1996 Corvette

How long does it hold fuel prime? Is the fuel pressure dropping off within a few seconds of initial prime? The time you got it to crank did you monitor rail pressure to make sure it held? I have 6.2l LS that drops fuel prime and takes forever to crank when it does decide to crank. That is why I ask.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast