Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The metal is not thick enough as it will only have a couple of threads, depending on your boost level, it will still blow it out, I had a bung welded onto the elbow..Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by musict View Post
    Think I answered my own question.... can anyone confirm??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TJQJHW4O&psc=1
    That looks right to me.

Typhoon GM# 25036751
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    The metal is not thick enough as it will only have a couple of threads, depending on your boost level, it will still blow it out, I had a bung welded onto the elbow..Problem solved
    Take a look at my elbow in my pic... post #1.... I should be able to thread/tap that elbow
    96 Vert 383 forged AFR 210 LT4 Intake CP Pistons T400 Moser 9" Borg Warner S480

is that a shank lug nut plugging the heater line? lol

Any more details on this car?
    1996 T/A - 383, BW S-475, TH350, Trickflows, LE Cam, Revmax

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

I believe that's the same IAT I bought then welded the bung to the cold side for a solid fit. I pressure tested the piping and it held way more than what the car is setup for.
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gunters96lt1 View Post
    is that a shank lug nut plugging the heater line? lol

Any more details on this car?
    LOL..... yes it is.... but only temporary. I was able to thread the other 2 ports and install a plug.... I need to take the pump off and tap that last port so I'm waiting... I'm such a procrastinator.

Some details on the car:
    383... CP pistons, Manley rods, trick flow crank, splayed caps, AFR 210 heads, LT4 intake, Moser 9", BW S480 turbo, TH400, PTC converter, Accel Thruster ECU.

Seems to be a never ending project with nothing being easy with LT1's....LOL.... I've almost ditched the project many times and went for the LS route, but I'm so deep into this that I can't stop...��.... and I'm learning a lot along the way!!

LOL..... yes it is.... but only temporary. I was able to thread the other 2 ports and install a plug.... I need to take the pump off and tap that last port so I'm waiting... I'm such a procrastinator.

Some details on the car:
    383... CP pistons, Manley rods, trick flow crank, splayed caps, AFR 210 heads, LT4 intake, Moser 9", BW S480 turbo, TH400, PTC converter, Accel Thruster ECU.

Seems to be a never ending project with nothing being easy with LT1's....LOL.... I've almost ditched the project many times and went for the LS route, but I'm so deep into this that I can't stop...��.... and I'm learning a lot along the way!!
    Whatever works haha. Sounds like a stout combo. I used to have a Turbo 383 LT1 but eventually sold out and went LS. Great to see you stick with it.
    1996 T/A - 383, BW S-475, TH350, Trickflows, LE Cam, Revmax

Red face

Dont feel bad, I built my turbo 388 cu in almost 7 years ago and the motor has only about 10 miles on it and most of those quarter mile passes My fuel float fell off and im just now replacing the sending unit, but since its a custom job, (2 pumps) it wasnt plug n play as I thought it would be.

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    Dont feel bad, I built my turbo 388 cu in almost 7 years ago and the motor has only about 10 miles on it and most of those quarter mile passes My fuel float fell off and im just now replacing the sending unit, but since its a custom job, (2 pumps) it wasnt plug n play as I thought it would be.
    LOL.... I just now have my car on the road.... it's been on jackstands for 3 years!!.... I swappped out the ECU for a Thruster system that I picked up on the cheap, so I'm getting the basic tune set. I picked up a dual 430 set up and then purchased from a member here a fuel rail and regulator combo.... need to also upgrade injectors at the same time.... that's my next project.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg
    Last edited by musict; 06-19-2018 at 06:07 AM.

My external pump makes a hell of a racket at idle but not having to ever go inside the tank again makes it all worth it.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast