Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    My external pump makes a hell of a racket at idle but not having to ever go inside the tank again makes it all worth it.
    Same
    1996 T/A - 383, BW S-475, TH350, Trickflows, LE Cam, Revmax

Lurker

Status

Gunter and Show.... I may retreat on the dual Walbro due to issues configuring the fuel level sender..

What did you guys use for the sump and return for your external pump??

I may start another thread on this in a different section, but wanted your feedback since you already traveled down this road:-)
    96 Vert 383 forged AFR 210 LT4 Intake CP Pistons T400 Moser 9" Borg Warner S480

Quote Originally Posted by gunters96lt1 View Post
    Same

I use to run an Aeromotive A 1000 external but it was not street friendly, on trips it would get hot then cavitate and I would loose fuel pressure and either have to wait for the pump to cool down or if had 1/2 tank had to pull over and fill back up. The gas would actually be boiling in the tank and I even had a fuel cooler attached.

Quote Originally Posted by musict View Post
    Gunter and Show.... I may retreat on the dual Walbro due to issues configuring the fuel level sender..

What did you guys use for the sump and return for your external pump??

I may start another thread on this in a different section, but wanted your feedback since you already traveled down this road:-)
    I run an A-1000 (cause i got it cheap off a friend) and i had a -12 an fitting welded on my stock tank. I am planning on switching to a Magna fuel 4303 pump cause the aeromotive a-1000 needs a pump controller for the street.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    I use to run an Aeromotive A 1000 external but it was not street friendly, on trips it would get hot then cavitate and I would loose fuel pressure and either have to wait for the pump to cool down or if had 1/2 tank had to pull over and fill back up. The gas would actually be boiling in the tank and I even had a fuel cooler attached.
    Ive heard about that. I am in the same boat as you, my car rarely sees street time anymore so i am not too worried. Been planning on upgrading anyways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123