Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jody Wells
    Vehicle
    1997 Firebird

Default Nitrous, timing, and tuning?

Hey guys, so since I got all the bugs worked out on my car I want to start moving forward with some things. I basically want to add a small nitrous system to the car, the car is HCI, and bottom end was rebuilt and has less than 20k on it. Unfortunately I don't know what "rebuilt" entailed so I have to assume it is stock. So the car is at 417ish at the wheels and I guess my first concern was fuel. It has SVO 30lb injectors, even with a 50 shot of nitrous it seems that may be outside of their operating range? I have read a ton of threads and there seems to be alot of disagreement on real world useage and raising fuel pressure, etc. Anyway was hoping for input. The other aspect is timing controllers, I generally wouldn't pull timing with such a small amount of nitrous but rather be on the safe side. It looked like the mallory 685 has the capability? Is there anything better? Next wet or dry? I ran wet systems for about 10 years on my carbureted setups, however I know the dry systems are definitely feasible- just interested in feedback, any thoughts ?

Well a wet system lets your injectors be taken out of the equation, but then tosses the limits of whatever fuel pump you in, into question.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jody Wells
    Vehicle
    1997 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Well a wet system lets your injectors be taken out of the equation, but then tosses the limits of whatever fuel pump you in, into question.
    255 Walboro. I got ya.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Rob Warrick
    Vehicle
    95 Camaro z28

I’m a fan of wet. That small of a shot just pull from the rails the 255 would support it. Not sure about timing controllers though. Call up nitrous Outlet they’re great and will tell you what you need.
    95 6 speed
    385 nitrous build 9.80 goal
    build- http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5286

5. The Following User Says Thank You to z28rob18 For This Post: