Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

Impressive numbers! That will surprise a lot of folks for sure. You planning on running it at the strip? It should mph really well (~127mph or so).

Thanks guys
    Yeeea the car is a monster. Even with 315 Nitto NT05r out back, 1&2 gear are completely unusable. Third gear starts grabbing after you get some heat on the tires lol. It’s a pure street car.....sit in traffic with A/C one minute, then carving the canyons the next.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

What did you use for crank? Did you have to fill the block any?

No block fill, just a few hours with the die grinder. Factory 4 bolt main block. The rotating assembly was purchased from cnc motorsports. Scat crank Scat rods Diamond pistons

My plan now is to get another manifold and port it out much more aggressively. Probably weld in more material to allow for a taller runner. Also open the front for a monoblade. That should help with even more top end.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

awesome numbers man! similar set up over here. ill get getting my on the engine dyno soon!
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

I was wondering if he was ever going to ring it out. Great numbers considering everything that could be different...the stock airbox location intake, the 10.5 compression, 91 instead of 93, not to mention I'm curious on cam specs/gearing/etc.

Everytime I see numbers like this from a big cube LT makes me want to rethink the LS build I have planned...

Who built the motor?
    the DD - 1993 Acura Legend
    the toy - 1995 Pontiac Firebird - 422hp 396tq

Thanks dude. I built the engine myself. We don’t have 93 octane in Cali. I actually really like the factory intake look. I’ll try to post a picture of the engine bay. The theme is, make everything look as factory as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergiodpk For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Joe
    Vehicle
    95 Trans Am

Sweet car. I'm hoping to do an engine swap in the not too distant future. You're an inspiration and I look forward to hearing about future add ons.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiodpk View Post
    Thanks dude. I built the engine myself. We don’t have 93 octane in Cali. I actually really like the factory intake look. I’ll try to post a picture of the engine bay. The theme is, make everything look as factory as possible.
    Love it, that engine bay is clean

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast