Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I have a Corvette Fuel Injection Manual w/ a GM part #. Has the schematics for all years 82-01. The 92/93 LT1 scematic shows 5 wires from the ECM to the intermediate (called "test") connector. The connector pins are labeled A, B, C, D, F. That would seem to indicate it is a 6-pin connector, with no wire in pin E. The "short" Opti harness from the intermediate connector to the Opti has to connect to that (presumed) 6-pin connector. But the Opti end of the short harness still has the same 4-wire "short" plug connector used on all Corvette and F-Body unvented Opti's.

By comparison, all years of the F-Body (93-97) have a 4-pin intermediate connector, and all 4 pins (A, B, C, D) are filled. I believe I have seen a discussion of how to connect a 4-wire harness to the 6-wire Corvette connector, and they discussed repinning the Corvette harness to a 4-pin connector, or using some sort of adapter. 94-96 schematics show the Corvettes are the same 4-pin as the F-Body.

In the old days, a new Opti didn't come with a harness, you just reused your stock harness to plug into the Opti. But many of the newer Opti's come with the short harness already direct wired to the body of the Opti. It's a newer version that would cause you a problem.

EFI Connection MAY have something to address this.... not sure, looks odd - if it isn't, you might want to contact them and see what they do have:

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/p...dapter-harness

For reference, this shows an F-Body 4-pin intermediate connector:

SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Lurker

Status

^^^ dang brother you're a big help. Tomorrow I'll go to the shop and see if I can use that adapter. I also found an replacement opti harness for the 92 corvette, so i may be able to use that
    1992 Corvette A4: Long Tubes, duals with circle track mufflers, cut lid, 17x9.5/17x11 deep dish ZR1's on 275 Nitto 555 front, 315 Nitto 555 rears, Performabuilt level 2 700R4 w/ FTI 3200 Stall, PCM For Less tune, C5 Brake Swap, more to come....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123