Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    I don't consider my seats a "racing" seat, but I have the Procar Sportsman Pro XL. The center console is snug between the two front seats and touches my door bars. I have a 6 point roll bar with swing out door bars, similar to Injuneer. They do allow for a five point harness. As far as head room with a helmet, I'm 6'4" so I have to position the seat right to have any. I could get you more pictures if this type of seat is something that you might consider an option. I don't have a lot of interior pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I like the thought of an adjustable back. If you don’t mind can you get more pictures? What brackets did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    I like the thought of an adjustable back. If you don’t mind can you get more pictures? What brackets did you use?

I'll be glad to get you more pictures. I should've explained better for ElkySS but the brackets I used were the sliding tracks that came with the seats and the factory mounting feet from the original seats. I basically positioned the factory feet with the Procar brackets and welded them together trying to retain a factory hight.

Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Did it work? is is close to factory height?
    95 Cyber Grey Formula
    396 M6
    LE 244/252 .636/.636 110
    LE 215cc Trickflows

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ElkySS View Post
    Did it work? is is close to factory height?
    I think it's really close. I'll take/post the pictures tomorrow. I have a hardtop so I'll do the best I can.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle

Maybe this will help. I have one with the door bar closed, one a little closer to the console and one to show the seat height near the hoop. Neither seat rubs the console but there are adjuster knobs on both sides of the seats so the knobs on the inside of the seats do touch the very bottom of the console. I don't know if that would be an issue with the more narrow (standard) version.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    Maybe this will help. I have one with the door bar closed, one a little closer to the console and one to show the seat height near the hoop. Neither seat rubs the console but there are adjuster knobs on both sides of the seats so the knobs on the inside of the seats do touch the very bottom of the console. I don't know if that would be an issue with the more narrow (standard) version.

I like the looks of these and the fact that I can adjust the back of the seat. Looks like would be fairly comfortable. Thanks for posting up more pictures @Cathead!

Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    I like the looks of these and the fact that I can adjust the back of the seat. Looks like would be fairly comfortable. Thanks for posting up more pictures @Cathead!

Your welcome, good luck with your build!

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Justin
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

I'm seriously considering these seats. The only issue see is I can't weld so I wanna use the premade brackets. I just want close to factory ride height.
    95 Cyber Grey Formula
    396 M6
    LE 244/252 .636/.636 110
    LE 215cc Trickflows

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ElkySS View Post
    I'm seriously considering these seats. The only issue see is I can't weld so I wanna use the premade brackets. I just want close to factory ride height.
    These seats have premade brackets but they're about $76 a piece and get terrible reviews, especially seat height. I didn't want to gamble for that money just to turn around and end up making something work.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

One thing to be careful with reclining seats is the quality of the joining of the back section to the lower "seat" section. Some of the cheaper seats use very little in terms of fastening the two halves together. A poorly constructed "race" seat can very dangerous in an accident.

I run Corbeau LG1s btw, love them, very high quality.
    1994 Trans Am GT - HPS Ported Heads/Intake, LE Cam, FTI 3600, TP Built 4L60e, Moser 9" w/ 3.90's, BMR Suspension, Formato Tuned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast