Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo headers

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhauler91 View Post
    Idk but i do see that people have used them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yes some will fit.

There have been two uses of em on this site, and neither was in a 4th gen fbod. That is your risk. Most if not all SBC headers will not clear the fender towers (or whatever their called)

Its cheaper, IMO, to buy fbod specific mids/shorties, and weld up a reverse crossover.

Don't forget everything that will need to be moved to fit a turbo, and all the supporting crap a turbo requires. It ain't cheap.

Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick two. Personally I went cheap and fast.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Lurker

Status

I just finished with my build...l I bought a new BW s480... I belive I paid around $900... found a set of used BBK shorties and then fabricated my own hot and cold side.... I bet I have less than $2K invested for everything, minus the boost controller.... if you like to fabricate and have the skills it can be fun and save some coin.
    96 Vert 383 forged AFR 210 LT4 Intake CP Pistons T400 Moser 9" Borg Warner S480

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joe Maddaloni
    Vehicle
    1997 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by musict View Post
    I just finished with my build...l I bought a new BW s480... I belive I paid around $900... found a set of used BBK shorties and then fabricated my own hot and cold side.... I bet I have less than $2K invested for everything, minus the boost controller.... if you like to fabricate and have the skills it can be fun and save some coin.
    Actually got killer deal on a vortech v1 s trim.. thanks for the feed back though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12