Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker

Status

Default What do you guys think

First off of this is not aloud go ahead and remove it .

So I have been thinking about putting together some rear suspension components , such as adjustable rear control arms and pan hard bar and such.

I am thinking I'd like to offer a few different options .

1. Fully welded and ready to go version

2. Unwelded DIY kit that is ready to be welded

3. With powder coat and without

My thinking on this is to give everyone different options and price point , I feel that what we have avalible these days is way over priced.
    I also feel like the costs force many to buy Chinese product's and in many case's people just plain can't afford to buy this stuff , I believe I can bring the cost down quit a bit, still working on that numbers and plan to get a few pieces together.

Do you guys feel like there's room in the market for an American made product like this? Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Honestly, the platform is so old now that "good, better, best" has been defined many times over. I think if you could fab an 8.8 with supporting suspension mods, cheaper than the competitors, it will sell well in comparison. If you're looking to get people off the Founders (are they Chinese?) bandwagon, that may be a challenge.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, axleback, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    93 Bird

Agreed. I looked into building my own stuff years ago, and unless you are buying in large bulk, it's not much cheaper than buying pre-made ones. Affordable rear ends could be a potential huge seller.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Batman For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

To my knowledge, BMR, UMI, Spohn, Founders, Midwest Chassis, etc are all made here in the USA. Who's buying chinese?

DIY kit? BAD idea. That's just asking for a lawsuit when joe schmoe can't weld and sues you when he drops the rear out of the car and someone gets hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    To my knowledge, BMR, UMI, Spohn, Founders, Midwest Chassis, etc are all made here in the USA. Who's buying chinese?

DIY kit? BAD idea. That's just asking for a lawsuit when joe schmoe can't weld and sues you when he drops the rear out of the car and someone gets hurt.
    The Chinese comment was mostly for the older cars there a few company's that make and sell Chinese made product's. Many people that do not have $300 to buy 2 rear lower control arm's that's who . also I. Know them companies are made in the us I own a few of them companies product's.

I want to offer a more affordable product, with the same quality.

I don't see a problem with diy kit and people have been selling diy 4 link kits for many year's same with roll cages, I don't see an issue.

97 firehawk m6 with a forged long rod 355 stock heads and intake soon to be upgraded to LE 21* tfs heads and a big ass cam , rpm built level 5 t56 trans s60 with 4.30 gears umi suspension walbro pump and hot wire kit and a spinning best 12.36 @ 114 crap 60 foot.

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Agreed. I looked into building my own stuff years ago, and unless you are buying in large bulk, it's not much cheaper than buying pre-made ones. Affordable rear ends could be a potential huge seller.
    I would be buying several pieces at a time and I am sure I can bring the cost down.

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Honestly, the platform is so old now that "good, better, best" has been defined many times over. I think if you could fab an 8.8 with supporting suspension mods, cheaper than the competitors, it will sell well in comparison. If you're looking to get people off the Founders (are they Chinese?) bandwagon, that may be a challenge.
    This is not about good better or best its about affordibillity and just as good quality .

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 97firehawk View Post
    This is not about good better or best its about affordibillity and just as good quality .

I'm not doubting your quality, I just think it would be a tougher sell. A built affordable rear and maybe a stainless header/catback option would be much better sellers than suspension and chassis parts for the platform, in my opinion. You're free to build and market anything though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    I'm not doubting your quality, I just think it would be a tougher sell. A built affordable rear and maybe a stainless header/catback option would be much better sellers than suspension and chassis parts for the platform, in my opinion. You're free to build and market anything though.

This good stuff . I have considered this stuff and would like to work in to that . I do have a few idea's that include headers , exhaust. I will have to look into a rear axle .

I'm not looking to get rich , I just want a little side business that keeps me busy and brings in some extra cash .

The biggest thing I keep coming across is cost , I have struggled and still do to buy car parts and every year i see the costs go up , I realize that will happen but if I can stay small and keep costs down I can help other car guys get there projects closer to done without selling themselves on the street corner .

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

If you could fab an 8.8 for under a grand with axles and center that just bolts in, you'll get people crawling out of the woodwork!

Same with exhaust for that matter. Maybe a 1 7/8" stainless LT option with a true dual/x piped option that doesn't rattle and goes over the axle. For the right price, people will buy.

I just don't know if the cost of parts and your time would be cheaper than what is already on the market.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast