Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coolant leak

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Disregard last post. I'm frustrated as hell. I drove the car 5 miles after changing the wp. Went from being full to low coolant light, then check your gages to maxed towed it home fill and vented repeat. Don't know if she full yet did a pressure check. Won't hold at all not even long enough to see if there's is any leak. I did a couple of time changed the 160 thermostat to the one that came with the pump and then the old one I knew that worked. And every time the thermostat was full of coolant. I'm going to put a clean box under run and bleed and stuff. I hopeing it is something cheap and easy. I've read just about everything thing here on wp and bleeding. Hope to have good news soon.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Anyone,
    Just a little info here if you can.
    Did everything apart from tearing it all apart Cooling system is full no more air. And you cant run theses with out the cap right? So I think the wp doesn't circulate. Engine hot,rad cold takes less the 5 min to heat to 200 All ready checked the thermostat 3 times. Engine was full of coolant well the housing was full. So anyone get a bad Delco wp from Rock Auto? is what Im asking
    Thanks Mike.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyweather View Post
    Anyone,
    Just a little info here if you can.
    Did everything apart from tearing it all apart Cooling system is full no more air. And you cant run theses with out the cap right? So I think the wp doesn't circulate. Engine hot,rad cold takes less the 5 min to heat to 200 All ready checked the thermostat 3 times. Engine was full of coolant well the housing was full. So anyone get a bad Delco wp from Rock Auto? is what Im asking
    Thanks Mike.
    I run electric...sure your cap is working?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

When you pulled the pump to replace the gaskets, what was the condition of the pump drive shaft/coupling?

http://shbox.com/ci/water_pump.jpg
    Last edited by Injuneer; 05-06-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Lurker

Status

...and did you put the coupler back on when you did the WP swap?
    96 BBB 383/T56

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BALLSS For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Ha ha ha funny you both say that. As I was going thru my head everything that could be. The lining up the pump and being mindful of that ( i thought) and you have those locator pin as well. Long story short. I went out side after wondering the same thing in my socks to see if the coupler was still on the old pump. YUP dang I thought, well back on line to see if maybe the coupler comes with, nope! So. Now that its day time snapped this picture.

Yeah what a deal good thing I wasn't getting paid for this. I remembered the first time 5 years ago. Even changed the seals on the timing cover the right way.
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 05-06-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Yes checked that first thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    I run electric...sure your cap is working?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Well coupling and temp gage where they belong all cool and shiznet. Thanks again didn't touch my savings. Need to be able drive this till next year.then the simple low budget mods
    Thanks guys

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

More leaks its the radiator this time, any recomends on a new one?
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 09-25-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

I'm just wondering stock is probably good enough. But do anyone of you know other than a ACDelco unit. Any issue with a AutoZone base 100 one?. Please would like some input. Thanks.

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast