Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

• Navigation
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Good to hear. He might be a car guy. No worries.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

Glad to hear that you're all clear and back on the streets tomorrow

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Camaro96 For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Follow up with surgeon went well. Other than the risks of some different complications now, and the fact that I am prob a bit anemic from continuous blood loss, Im cleared to do my thing again. So back on the streets 2moro!

Then again, while at the dr office we noticed this was his stool... should I be worried?

LTXtech.com is my drug...
    Only if your ass hurt during the exam and he had both hands on your shoulders.

Sent from my Commodore64, excuse typos & brevity.
    'A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.'
    -Robert Hughes

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by ncinirator View Post
    Only if your ass hurt during the exam and he had both hands on your shoulders.

Lol... no no... none of that.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTX Master

Status

Glad you survived another procedure. Thought you were well from last years surgery. Sounds like this pain was a surprise attack.
    I had a routine colonoscopy go bad a few years back. The following day I bled out twice, so I know what thats like.
    Both times I went into shock and had to have transfusions. I remember thinking this is a hell of a way to die. Obit would read, "he was a good guy that bled to death out of his ass".
    Get well friend, I wouldn't wish bleeding out the ass on my worst enemy.
    Nolan
    '97 SS SLP,T56, Spec stage 2+ clutch,385 stroker,AFR210,XFI292,Moser 12 bolt eaton posi 4.10's. NO traction til top of 3rd gear.
    '57 Chevy 3100 p/u LT1/T56
    Wife's '94 Z28 has been sold.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JOATMON For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Follow up with surgeon went well. Other than the risks of some different complications now, and the fact that I am prob a bit anemic from continuous blood loss, Im cleared to do my thing again. So back on the streets 2moro!

Then again, while at the dr office we noticed this was his stool... should I be worried?

Craftsman! Those doctors love to show off their money. You can get these Snapon stools from Harbor Freight for $20 every day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathead For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Those stools dont last long the seat detatches from the weild. Heres two of the many my fat patoodie has broken. No matter whos name is on rhem. Poor design. Hopefuly your doctor is better then his choices in seating

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormyweather For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyweather View Post
    ... Hopefuly your doctor is better then his choices in seating

Hope so 2.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Lil update... as many of u who are my friends in real life or on fb.. this saga has not ended for me.

After all of the issues from the first procedures, I ended up "healing" and pushing on in life. Or at least that's how it appeared on the surface.

Unfortunately that was not the actual case. Due to the extensive nature of the original surgeries and the subsequent ones, I ended up with even more complications.

To simplify it, parts of me that were healing from those surgeries were healing to other parts of me, that shouldn't have happened. Because of that I dealt with constant pain day in and day out when I would make even the smallest movements, due to things that were now connected.

In turn, working out and some strenuous activities at work caused my abdominal wall to start to tear, as it didn't have enough flexibility to move with me. After two years of that, I had literal holes in my abdominal wall, basically like a bunch of major henias, only instead of a piece of intestine that was able to slip through weak parts of the abdomin, I had HOLES were large amounts of my intestines were able to keep falling in and out of me. Lol, it sounds funny to explain this way.

The bigger problem was those holes continued to tear as I continued to do LIFE.

SO THE TIME CAME, for me to plan for another surgery.... Mid 2020, I met with some new surgeons and after numerous visits, scans and tests... I was set for surgery November 11th 2020.

It was suggested that I stop being active... but, those that know me, know I wasn't about to do that, and I definitely was not about to leave the guys I work with hanging during times like we have had in 2020...

So I co tinued working... including assisting with the out spills of the rioting from Philadelphia, and other major incidents that I swore to be a part of when I became a police officer.

Soooooo here we are... had my surgery on November 11th. About 6 hours under the knife... followed by 2 days in ICU, followed by 3 more days in the hospital till I was sent home with instructions to do very little, other than walk to avoid clotting.

I'm finally at a point to write about the co tinuation of this saga because I'm finally feeling better. I'm out of work for the rest of the year, but HOPE the dr will clear me on December 21st on my next visit.

My abdomen has been stitched back together then attached to a whole lot of mesh, and the stitched all back together and glued to boot. All that was done after the surgeon split me from under my ribs down to just above my JUNK... then folded my abdomen over to my side for easier working conditions as he slowly cut everything apart... piece by piece that had fused together...

Oh yeah... and due to the complexity of the tears ans how I was opened up... the surgeon decided it would make my abdomen stronger to delete my bellybutton... so there is that... or actually lack of THAT.

(I explain this to let people know that this was not just a hernia correction, which is many times a procedure that takes a couple hours ans people are sent home the same day).

So as I lay here looking for something to do, but not really being allowed to do anything... I figured I'd explain why I have not really been around, and kinda MIA.

Thats all... hopefully life will feel better and I will be less likely to hide in a misreable hole of pain just trying to exist till the next day...

With that being said... let me just say, I hate cold weather... is it summer yet???

Some pics of PRE-OP, POST-OP (and high as a kite) and the ride home...IMG_20201112_111808_743.jpgIMG_20201113_063526_548.jpgIMG_20201115_122631_980.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Sheeeesh!!! No belly button, eh kinda like a Glock with a grip plug; no more lint.

'A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.'
    -Robert Hughes

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ncinirator For This Post:

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast