Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Default 2017 ltx shootout update

After many phone calls back and forth with Beechbend Raceway Park and keeping a close eye on the weather, unfortunately the LTX Shootout for 2017 has been canceled.

The owner of Beechbend Raceway Park called to inform us that the events that were scheduled for last weekend were rained out and postponed to this weekend without our knowledge, clashing with the rescheduled date for the 2017 LTx Shootout. With the rain in the forecast the racetrack management does not believe that they will be able to get all three events completed. If the weather reports are correct they will not be able to get in any scheduled events this weekend. Beechbend Raceway Park has recommended we cancel the event this year because of the high chance of rain and them overbooking the facility due to previous weather related reschedules. With no available dates this year we have little choice but to cancel.

While we are not happy with the recommendation of the track management, We understand that many of our racers, sponsors, and spectators come a long way to help support the event and do not want anyone to have a wasted trip this weekend. Hopefully this announcement is in enough time to cancel any reservations or travel plans you have. We apologize for any complications this has caused.

We will keep everyone informed for details regarding the 2018 LTX Shootout. If you have already registered to race in 2017 we can apply that registration to 2018 at the 2017 prices, or we can refund your registration fees. Please contact us through Facebook or our website

Thanks to everyone for your support and understanding.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    After many phone calls back and forth with Beechbend Raceway Park and keeping a close eye on the weather, unfortunately the LTX Shootout for 2017 has been canceled.

The owner of Beechbend Raceway Park called to inform us that the events that were scheduled for last weekend were rained out and postponed to this weekend without our knowledge, clashing with the rescheduled date for the 2017 LTx Shootout. With the rain in the forecast the racetrack management does not believe that they will be able to get all three events completed. If the weather reports are correct they will not be able to get in any scheduled events this weekend. Beechbend Raceway Park has recommended we cancel the event this year because of the high chance of rain and them overbooking the facility due to previous weather related reschedules. With no available dates this year we have little choice but to cancel.

While we are not happy with the recommendation of the track management, We understand that many of our racers, sponsors, and spectators come a long way to help support the event and do not want anyone to have a wasted trip this weekend. Hopefully this announcement is in enough time to cancel any reservations or travel plans you have. We apologize for any complications this has caused.

We will keep everyone informed for details regarding the 2018 LTX Shootout. If you have already registered to race in 2017 we can apply that registration to 2018 at the 2017 prices, or we can refund your registration fees. Please contact us through Facebook or our website

Thanks to everyone for your support and understanding.
    Thank you for the update

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

well that's a shame. unfortunately that's one of the downfalls of our sport. glass half full kinda guy I am its time to start looking forward to 2018 and making that one the best ever
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Well that is certainly crappy news. You guys tried though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by agenthol302 View Post
    well that's a shame. unfortunately that's one of the downfalls of our sport. glass half full kinda guy I am its time to start looking forward to 2018 and making that one the best ever
    Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

In spite of there not being a Shootout this year, thanks to all the organizers and sponsors who put all their work, time & effort into making (trying to make) the event happen. I hope the Outlaw class lineup shows up for 2018, a lot, of what I consider, the "who's who" for fast LTX powered cars were registered this year. Should be an awesome show in 2018.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cathead For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    In spite of there not being a Shootout this year, thanks to all the organizers and sponsors who put all their work, time & effort into making (trying to make) the event happen. I hope the Outlaw class lineup shows up for 2018, a lot, of what I consider, the "who's who" for fast LTX powered cars were registered this year. Should be an awesome show in 2018.
    Thank you. Without a doubt the sponsors deserve all the credit. We couldn't do it without them. We are already planning the event for next year. It will be the 10th anniversary, so we're hoping to make it a memorable one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Have you guys considered relocating the event for next year?

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Have you guys considered relocating the event for next year?

Numerous times. Problem is there are limited amount of 1/4 mile tracks in a central area.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

I know of a super nice one in Indianapolis....
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast