Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTX Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS

Default Eastern PA shop recommendations?

Hey Everyone, looking to find a shop to do a basic assessment/rebuild on my LT1 short block. I'm located in SE PA, so trying not to travel too far. I'm not looking to have any major changes done, but I still want someone who does quality work.

Need a cleaning/check for cracks, reconditioning crank and rods, basically want to reuse as much of the original rotating assembly as possible, unless an overbore is required. Most places I'm finding are all about complete race engines and that's not really what I need.

This is my first engine that I'm rebuilding, so I'm checking around for prices for just cleaning up the parts so I can reassemble, vs just paying the shop to assemble the short block. I would really like to do it myself but lacking some of the tools right now.

Thanks in advance!
    1997 Camaro SS ~ 220k of stockness... undergoing transformation.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

So you're looking for a machine shop/engine builder? Karl Ellwein is the LTx master around these parts and not TOO far away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    Hey Everyone, looking to find a shop to do a basic assessment/rebuild on my LT1 short block. I'm located in SE PA, so trying not to travel too far. I'm not looking to have any major changes done, but I still want someone who does quality work.

Need a cleaning/check for cracks, reconditioning crank and rods, basically want to reuse as much of the original rotating assembly as possible, unless an overbore is required. Most places I'm finding are all about complete race engines and that's not really what I need.

This is my first engine that I'm rebuilding, so I'm checking around for prices for just cleaning up the parts so I can reassemble, vs just paying the shop to assemble the short block. I would really like to do it myself but lacking some of the tools right now.

Thanks in advance!
    just send it to Karl. he is in California, Maryland. it's worth the drive. trust us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Mike Glick
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro SS, 93 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    just send it to Karl. he is in California, Maryland. it's worth the drive. trust us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Here's another vote for Karl