Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by bbaz28 View Post
    Actually i have thought about deleting all of the emission equip n just being done with it. Im in sussex so they only do the safety check and brakes. Also not sure where or who to talk to about editing or turning off any of the emissions data in the pcm. I have heard of a few shops but dont know much about any of them.
    Check with @MoeHorsePower for a tune.

Yeah, Sussex is awesome. My friend just moved just north of bridgeville and took his VR6 through to get a temp tag. The exhaust was literally broken after the cat; hanging and loud as hell. They passed him. I can't stand Kent inspections. I had an all out argument cause they said my car didn't have a cat on it. It did..he was just a moron.
    Last edited by Sahara54; 08-09-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    95+97 z28

Yea sussex is pretty cool only had a problem with my hids a time or two down there. 1 person said they were ok other said no but other than that always smooth sailing. Thank you for the heads up on the shop mention gonna definitely look into it.

97 Z: moroso cai, borla, t/b bypass, slp airfoil, superchips tuner, slp 3.73, 1le elbow.......still slo
    95 Z: borla, cags eliminator, slp cai

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    there was a recall and removal procedure along with a reflash authorized by gm and the epa on obd2 cars. you just need to figure out how to tune out the check engine light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Do you have a reference # for that recall? The only LT1 recall I have heard of was for 95-97, where they added an isolation valve to prevent backflow if the check valves fail, and increased the amp rating of the power supply to the pump. The backflow was corroding the pumps, and the pump was pulling excess amps.

http://shbox.com/1/air_pump_recall.jpg
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    95+97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Do you have a reference # for that recall? The only LT1 recall I have heard of was for 95-97, where they added an isolation valve to prevent backflow if the check valves fail, and increased the amp rating of the power supply to the pump. The backflow was corroding the pumps, and the pump was pulling excess amps.

http://shbox.com/1/air_pump_recall.jpg
    I was actually working at a Chevy dealer at the time of that recall and had it done.

97 Z: moroso cai, borla, t/b bypass, slp airfoil, superchips tuner, slp 3.73, 1le elbow.......still slo

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I know there was a "disable" AIR pump TSB#01-06-04-011 on the full-size cars with the L99 and LT1. Was not aware there was something similar for the F-Body.

http://www.impalassforum.com/tech/en...p/air_pump.htm

However, you could buy the sticker for the B-Body disable (PN #12569123).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Impala-SS-Air...-/371126829896
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    95+97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    I know there was a "disable" AIR pump TSB#01-06-04-011 on the full-size cars with the L99 and LT1. Was not aware there was something similar for the F-Body.

http://www.impalassforum.com/tech/en...p/air_pump.htm

However, you could buy the sticker for the B-Body disable (PN #12569123).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Impala-SS-Air...-/371126829896
    Actually I believe it was a recall thinking about it now because it didn't cost me anything. I looked through some of my service work from the past and found that the air pump had been replaced due to moisture building up inside and causing corrosion. Will look a little further into the disabled TSB. Thanx alot.

Lurker

Status

IDK if there was a TSB and/or recall for the air pump on F-body. There was, as noted by Fred, one for the 95/6 B-bodys.

GM did not remove the air pump on the vehicles involved, just pulled the relay and put on a "sticker" that said the air pump had been "disabled" per bla bla...96 required a PCM re-flash so CEL would not come on

The condensation that collected in the air pump would affect the MAF.

If you live in a emission friendly area than remove the air pump and associated plumbing and reprogram the PCM if a OBD2 car

Sadly since the word "disable" was used vs "remove" you can not "legally" remove it in states like Calif.

GM did not want to pay the labor to remove it so the language was "disable".

There are "stickers" sold on ebay that have been "modified" to say "remove".....but the savy smog tech in places that have strict testing compare it to language in their TSB file.....ask me how I know :-(
    96 BBB 383/T56

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    95+97 z28

Haha point taken. I appreciate all your help and insight thinking probably my easiest fix is either getting a tune and get the headers i've been wanting or get the hose lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbaz28 For This Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12