Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Default Constructive Criticism please

So I'm coming to you all for some constructive criticism. As many of you know back in the beginning of August we had some big changes here with the site.

For those that dont know, the Brewer Brother's sold me their shares and I partnered up with Sean W (Fastbird) as Co-owners of this wonderful site. And with the EXPERTISE of our other Admin (MEISSEN) I think the site has been operating as close to flawless as it ever has since I joined... I also took over the LTX facebook page and with the help of Miss Popo have been trying to make the activity on there to POP.

I'm only asking for critisism on me and my connection with all that is LTX.... if the other guys want criticism, I'm sure they will chime it (but I wouldn't want anyone giving criticism to anyone who does not ask for it.

Personally, I think that Fastbird and Meissen are the cats meow...lol... Couldnt ask for anything more from my Co-owner and Co-Admins...

So I come to you all asking...How am I doing???.... Recently, Ive had some issues with one members, who have left and not come back.... Ive had people message me things like, "Welcome to the communist ltxtech of popo where opinions are shunned," simply because I deleted comments that were derogatory towards someone else in our community, or negative for no reason... I remember one person telling me that Im 2 defensive or on a power trip......I know JOKES have been made that my new nick name is LOCKTITE because I have locked a few threads that I didnt want to see get any uglier...I have even seen some complain in other places about me from when I tried squashing a thread that had taken a multi page ugly turn on here....

Most of the time I have a pretty thick skin, but I figured, maybe its time to have everyone else s perspective.

Not saying I'm perfect, or that these negative things aren't true... but I figured I would come to you all to tell me....

How Am I Doing....?

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    So I'm coming to you all for some constructive criticism. As many of you know back in the beginning of August we had some big changes here with the site.

For those that dont know, the Brewer Brother's sold me their shares and I partnered up with Sean W (Fastbird) as Co-owners of this wonderful site. And with the EXPERTISE of our other Admin (MEISSEN) I think the site has been operating as close to flawless as it ever has since I joined... I also took over the LTX facebook page and with the help of Miss Popo have been trying to make the activity on there to POP.

I'm only asking for critisism on me and my connection with all that is LTX.... if the other guys want criticism, I'm sure they will chime it (but I wouldn't want anyone giving criticism to anyone who does not ask for it.

Personally, I think that Fastbird and Meissen are the cats meow...lol... Couldnt ask for anything more from my Co-owner and Co-Admins...

So I come to you all asking...How am I doing???.... Recently, Ive had some issues with one members, who have left and not come back.... Ive had people message me things like, "Welcome to the communist ltxtech of popo where opinions are shunned," simply because I deleted comments that were derogatory towards someone else in our community, or negative for no reason... I remember one person telling me that Im 2 defensive or on a power trip......I know JOKES have been made that my new nick name is LOCKTITE because I have locked a few threads that I didnt want to see get any uglier...I have even seen some complain in other places about me from when I tried squashing a thread that had taken a multi page ugly turn on here....

Most of the time I have a pretty thick skin, but I figured, maybe its time to have everyone else s perspective.

Not saying I'm perfect, or that these negative things aren't true... but I figured I would come to you all to tell me....

How Am I Doing....?
    Just fine as I see it, leadership roles aren't easy otherwise we would all be CEO's
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Madman337 For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    I know JOKES have been made that my new nick name is LOCKTITE because I have locked a few threads that I didnt want to see get any uglier....
    Whoever came up with that is a dick.....

No but seriously, sometimes locking a thread up is the best thing to do if its ripping the community apart. There's always going to be some people that don't agree with that decision.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

You are doing an excellent job!
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joelster For This Post:

I think you are doing a great job! Keep it up!

94 Camaro Z28 383ci AI Heads LE Cam 4L60E Stock 10 Bolt
    Personal Best 10.72 N/A 10.13 NO2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayz28 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status

I believe this is the best run forum I am on. And I also agree the leadership isn't easy and leaders often make decisions that everyone will not like or agree with.

You are doing a great job Larry!
    96 Trans Am LT1 A4......2 broken rods
    94 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6 LTs & Y, 3" SLP DOTL catback, custom CAI, and LT4 crane 1.6 RR..Best time 13.65@ 103 2.11 60ft(still on autocross setup)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SMok3 Em A11 For This Post:

Mrs Big Perm

Status

I think you're doing fine.
    gotta remember there will always be that one person you piss off most than the other guy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley For This Post:

Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Jay
    Vehicle
    93 Ultra Z

cant please all of the people all of the time. If they have that attitude, let them go somewhere else and ruin that site. I unfortunatly didnt squash enough on my old site before it got out of hand and when I came down hard it killed the place cause by then the damage was done. Overall the this site is running well, no breakdowns, etc.. The stupid stuff is at a manageble minimum and for that matter all issues should be resolved via PM, email, or through mods/admin. That is why those things exist. Remember, this is the internetz where everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion, totally infallable, and 10 feet tall behind that keyboard and screen. Dont sweat it Larry, this by far is still the most civil forum I am on and has the best sense of cummunity i have seen. It is kind of refreshing.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaysz2893 For This Post:

HAND HERPES

Your doing good

If you weren't doing good, we wouldn't come back, but obvliously we do

I like this forum because it's small, sites like LS1Tech are so huge that you don't know anyone. I rarely see any admins post over there, your on here everyday.
    Last edited by HAND HERPES; 12-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HAND HERPES For This Post:

Overworked/Underpaid

Status
    Name
    Peter Alpiger
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am WS6; 1994 Corvette [GS Clone]

Quote Originally Posted by xBrandonx View Post
    Your doing good

If you weren't doing good, we wouldn't come back, but obvliously we do

I like this forum because it's small, sites like LS1Tech are so huge that you don't know anyone. I rarely see any admins post over there, your on here everyday.
    I second that. The personal touch and involvement on here really sets this community apart. Don't change a thing you're doing, Larry, keep up the awesome work! As stated before, you can't please everyone all the time, but then again, who needs to please trolls?
    96 Trans Am WS6 LT1 M6: 10/7/11 - current: 245.7 RWHP / 266.2 RWTQ - 14.462s @ 98.28 MPH
    94 Corvette LT1 A4: 4/12/13 - current: No dyno #s yet - 9.547s @ 75.11 MPH (1/8 mile)
    92 Lumina Euro 3.4L LQ1 A4: 1/15/06 - current: The beater car that refuses to die...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackbird96WS6 For This Post:

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast