Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Default Torqhead 24X Link Wiring

Doing the 24X link conversion on my 1994 Z. I have the LTCC currently and swapping it for the torqhead kit. Everything is done except for the PCM replacement and wiring. The guy who installed my LTCC altered the original wiring harness and spliced and cut off connectors. Can anyone give some
    direction on what I should do? Thanks
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Questions I have are

What original wires went to the 4-pin connector from the old wiring harness? What was wired to the 16 pin connector on the ltcc harness? Currently after the ltcc install the wire color diagram supplied for the torqhead 16 pin doesn't match what's on the car. Also There is an orange plug spliced into the original wiring harness that was plugged into a pigtail on the ltcc harness. This is now an extra plug, Do I disregard it's purpose now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

If it were me, I would get rid of anything related to the ltcc and restore the harness to original. Do you have a stock wiring diagram?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Ok. Yea I agree. Don't have a stock wiring diagram

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Give this a look. Should have the majority of what has been modified
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Thanks for the diagram. Got it figured out. What is your opinion on connectors for splicing the new harness to the original harness? Was looking at the conduct-tite gm tech terminal connectors or just butt connectors and then putting heat shrink wrap over them

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by camz2894 View Post
    Thanks for the diagram. Got it figured out. What is your opinion on connectors for splicing the new harness to the original harness? Was looking at the conduct-tite gm tech terminal connectors or just butt connectors and then putting heat shrink wrap over them

why did you remove the ltcc? did you have a problem with it? I was looking into getting one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Personally, I've had bad luck with it and it may just be because the guy who installed it did a botch job to begin with in wiring and then I basically had to redo the wiring and replace the opti a second time about 6 months after installing the LTCC/ replacing the opti. A year later the opti craps out again and I'm left with the same issue now. In theory the LTCC should preserve the opti bc it eliminates high voltage which reduces ozone that corrodes the sensor, but this didn't work for me and could just be because the opti wasn't an AC Delco/ it's an unvented opti. So I was left with the decision to spend around 500 for an American made AC Delco, which would be the 3rd time I'm replacing the opti in a year and half or spend 1000 and do the 24x link to get rid of the thing completely. I went that route just Bc I didn't want to spend that kind of money on an opti only to have the same issue again a year later or even years later. The 24x link is just a more reliable system to me plus Torqhead customer support is beyond excellent. Bob Bailey is no where to be found and if anything happens to the LTCC box in the future or if anything happens to Bob your basically out of luck anyways. I originally installed the LTCC before I knew anything about the 24x link. If I had known about it at the time of doing the LTCC I would have spent the money on the 24x link to begin with. A lot of people have had success with the LTCC and in theory it's a great system but my personal experience has just been an unreliable one. A positive thing I can say about it is it did make my car a lot peppier and it did run great before the opti started having issues. Now I'm just anxious to see how it runs with the 24x link.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Personally, I've had bad luck with it and it may just be because the guy who installed it did a botch job to begin with in wiring and then I basically had to redo the wiring and replace the opti a second time about 6 months after installing the LTCC/ replacing the opti. A year later the opti craps out again and I'm left with the same issue now. In theory the LTCC should preserve the opti bc it eliminates high voltage which reduces ozone that corrodes the sensor, but this didn't work for me and could just be because the opti wasn't an AC Delco/ it's an unvented opti. So I was left with the decision to spend around 500 for an American made AC Delco, which would be the 3rd time I'm replacing the opti in a year and half or spend 1000 and do the 24x link to get rid of the thing completely. I went that route just Bc I didn't want to spend that kind of money on an opti only to have the same issue again a year later or even years later. The 24x link is just a more reliable system to me plus Torqhead customer support is beyond excellent. Bob Bailey is no where to be found and if anything happens to the LTCC box in the future or if anything happens to Bob your basically out of luck anyways. I originally installed the LTCC before I knew anything about the 24x link. If I had known about it at the time of doing the LTCC I would have spent the money on the 24x link to begin with. A lot of people have had success with the LTCC and in theory it's a great system but my personal experience has just been an unreliable one. A positive thing I can say about it is it did make my car a lot peppier and it did run great before the opti started having issues. Now I'm just anxious to see how it runs with the 24x link.

that sucks. I thought bob was still around, a member purchased a ltcc not long ago from his site. I sent you a pm. best of luck on the 24x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I would probably try to find the gm connectors you need then solder and heat shrink them into the original harness. That way you don't have to chop up your brand new Torqhead kit. If you can't solder, you could use heat shrink butt connector but I prefer solder.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast