Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impy dies again

Lurker

Status
    Name
    6 speed Impy
    Vehicle
    1991 Z-28, 355, HSR, M6--2005 CTS-V (SOLD)--1994 Impala SS 6 Speed Swap--Have all blocks covered.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 speed impy View Post
    UPDATE!!

Received a text from my electrical guru last night, really did not expect it. Car is back up and running. And this is just thru text, have not talked to him or seen it, he says the ground for the hot wire harness was to the tank strap, probably should of been a dedicated ground to chassis, shorted out the plug in the tank and fried the plug and the pump, probably glad it did not start a fire or worse, so he took care of all the bad wiring, plug, ground, added another ground in the tank, and a new AC Delco pump. So hopefully should be good for a while, and I have no clue how old the pump was in it, so and least I am starting fresh now.

Mike
    Well picked up the car Saturday, new in tank pump harness, new pump, and the hot wire harness relay properly grounded to chassis, but still not sure why it fried the in tank harness, and did not blow the fuse for the hot wire harness at the alt. But it seems to run fine, maybe even a little better, and starts much easier, the check ball in the old pump was dead, would bleed pressure off in a matter on minutes.

Till next time, and I drove it to work today and ran good.

Mike

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 6 speed impy For This Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123