Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
Spike Big

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 51 to 54 of 54
  1. #51
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro96 View Post
    Fun I would agree. The weight makes such a large difference in e.t.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Absolutely, you have to run a heavy car to ever understand/realize how much HP they eat.

    The point of this was really not about the weight, more about the idea that an LT based engine in the right car can go 6's. Not sure many understand that and it's possible today, not somewhere in the future.

    You need billet blocks and top line parts to pull that off but any car in the 6's has those same top line parts with billet blocks. But they are all big blocks and that's where this becomes more cool that an LT 23 degree head engine could do this.

    So there is a long way to go for what the fastest LT based car would be. With the right equipment, it's somewhere in the mid to low 6's
    Last edited by Jeff Green; 03-29-2018 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #52
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Green View Post
    Absolutely, you have to run a heavy car to ever understand/realize how much HP they eat.

    The point of this was really not about the weight, more about the idea that an LT based engine in the right car can go 6's. Not sure many understand that and it's possible today, not somewhere in the future.

    You need billet blocks and top line parts to pull that off but any car in the 6's has those same top line parts with billet blocks. But they are all big blocks and that's where this becomes more cool that an LT 23 degree head engine could do this.

    So there is a long way to go for what the fastest LT based car would be. With the right equipment, it's somewhere in the mid to low 6's
    I was reading the article that super Chevy done on your ride back when you were running the 4L60E from Rossler and your Donavon block was fairly new to the car and you were still running the 8.5 rearend. You were running 9.5 second. The Cage you had to install after 9.99 had to add a bunch of weight.

    I will be curious to see what my combination is going to do. If I can make in the neiborhood of 700 to the rear wheels with the weight being 3300 pounds. According to the calulations. If it made those number 9.5 on the 1/4 mile. It's amazing that car that weights 2500 the weight can run 6s and down in the high 5s on 1200 HP. It takes far more horsepower to propell that extra weight not to mention the stress on the parts. That's why when I look at the pro stock class of the NHRA the car body is made out of carbon fiber and the cars are make 1,500 horsepower to the flywheel. And run in the 6s naturally aspirated.

    When the discussion of a steel quartes and roof car. The weight that it adds.

    There's no aftermarket block produduced. I cannot imagine what the cost of and finding some one that has the ability to machine an aftermarket block for the LT-1 reversal flow ect.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Camaro96; 03-29-2018 at 01:58 PM.

  3. #53
    LTX Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro96 View Post
    I was reading the article that super Chevy done on your ride back when you were running the 4L60E from Rossler and your Donavon block was fairly new to the car and you were still running the 8.5 rearend. You were running 9.5 second. The Cage you had to install after 9.99 had to add a bunch of weight.

    I will be curious to see what my combination is going to do. If I can make in the neiborhood of 700 to the rear wheels with the weight being 3300 pounds. According to the calulations. If it made those number 9.5 on the 1/4 mile. It's amazing that car that weights 2500 the weight can run 6s and down in the high 5s on 1200 HP. It takes far more horsepower to propell that extra weight not to mention the stress on the parts. That's why when I look at the pro stock class of the NHRA the car body is made out of carbon fiber and the cars are make 1,500 horsepower to the flywheel. And run in the 6s naturally aspirated.

    When the discussion of a steel quartes and roof car. The weight that it adds.

    There's no aftermarket block produduced. I cannot imagine what the cost of and finding some one that has the ability to machine an aftermarket block for the LT-1 reversal flow ect.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Maybe I shouldn't say this too loud but I own the programming rights to the CNC program for my billet LT1 block. It would still be more money than most would want to spend but I can produce as many Billet LT1 blocks I want. But we are still talking "one offs" so it's just a lot more expensive when a company with a CNC only runs one and not 100.

    So you can buy a Billet LT1 block and they do exist, I have one in my car.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Green For This Post:


  5. #54
    Xtreme Member


    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Green View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't say this too loud but I own the programming rights to the CNC program for my billet LT1 block. It would still be more money than most would want to spend but I can produce as many Billet LT1 blocks I want. But we are still talking "one offs" so it's just a lot more expensive when a company with a CNC only runs one and not 100.

    So you can buy a Billet LT1 block and they do exist, I have one in my car.
    That's good to know. I want to see how long my current setup lives. I will have to save up and talk with you when it comes time for the next build. The weak link in my build is the LT1 block.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •