Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    David
    Vehicle
    1985 Camaro Z28/1994 Firebird Formula

Yeah , great write up on the build. That color looks great on that car too.

Do you have any future plans or end goals for the car?
    -David-
    1985 Camaro Z28 (Under Construction)
    1994 Firebird Formula - LT1/4L60e (The Daily)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DMBlack For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

thanks for all of the kinds words guys, im really happy with the way it turned out.

current plans for the car involve cruise nights, finding winding roads, and just enjoying it. a rough day at the office is much better when i can take the tops off and blast home. However i am saving my pennies for when the motor goes, do a full rebuild at that time, i have a set of AL heads sitting in the shed i was able to trade for, then contact Lloyd about cam/spring selection.

I do need to replace the current valve seals, which i am capping at used 1.6 rr and new springs. that should suffice for a few years until the funds are built back up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 87IROCLT1 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

This is an awesome build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arctic White 1996 Z28. Stock internal LT1, CAI, LM1, MGW Shifter, 3.73's, some suspension junk, and shiny salad shooters (retired). Forgestar F14's 18x10 on all 4. Fun stuff coming soon. Also, Cali smog regulations suck...period. **Insert witty quote here** LT1FTW that is all. Have a nice day.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJx408 For This Post:

The car came out great! How much $$$$$$ in materials did you spend on the paint?
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joelster For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    The car came out great! How much $$$$$$ in materials did you spend on the paint?
    Thanks Joel. I forgot the actual number, but primer, base, clear, some of the filler, the glaze all added up to right around $2k. I still get a little queasy when i think about it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 87IROCLT1 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

Gorgeous car!
    2k for that paint job is not bad at all.
    I don't know how you continued building you IROC while getting married and a child on the way. I just got engaged and the very next month I had to stop buying can parts to start paying for an extremely over priced wedding, but she said that the Camaro will be able to be finished after the wedding with top shelf parts. I don't mind waiting a little longer. Heck, the Camaro is a life long project.

Anyway, love the IROC and the great pictures.
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tom Glennon
    Vehicle
    87 Iroc Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 383z View Post
    Gorgeous car!
    2k for that paint job is not bad at all.
    I don't know how you continued building you IROC while getting married and a child on the way. I just got engaged and the very next month I had to stop buying can parts to start paying for an extremely over priced wedding, but she said that the Camaro will be able to be finished after the wedding with top shelf parts. I don't mind waiting a little longer. Heck, the Camaro is a life long project.

Anyway, love the IROC and the great pictures.
    Thanks!

part of my build didnt include top shelf parts, which is how I got some of it by. The other part was stress relief during the planning phase of the wedding. Its amazing how relaxing wet sanding can be.

Thanks for the compliments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123