Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O2 sensor

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Default O2 sensor

Slid under the 95 Caprice 9c1 to work for about an hour. Went to remove my O2 sensors, last night I soaked them in some PB blaster.

Started struggling and took a real good look and it looks like the sensors are welded on there! Or is that just how they look after spending time down there?

If they are welded on there WTF am I supposed to do? Take off the piece and walk into a local muffler shop to have them remove it? The passenger side looks welded on too.

Sent from my Commodore64, excuse typos & brevity
    'A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.'
    -Robert Hughes

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

That looks like the O2 bung welding

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ncinirator View Post
    Slid under the 95 Caprice 9c1 to work for about an hour. Went to remove my O2 sensors, last night I soaked them in some PB blaster.

Started struggling and took a real good look and it looks like the sensors are welded on there! Or is that just how they look after spending time down there?

If they are welded on there WTF am I supposed to do? Take off the piece and walk into a local muffler shop to have them remove it? The passenger side looks welded on too.

Most likely siezed. Could try hitting it with an impact if you can do the extension dance to get it in there, or run the car so its hot then try, or heat it with torch.

Or buy hooker 2451hkr headers and a pypes x pipe and enjoy the noise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    Most likely siezed. Could try hitting it with an impact if you can do the extension dance to get it in there, or run the car so its hot then try, or heat it with torch.

Or buy hooker 2451hkr headers and a pypes x pipe and enjoy the noise

Well, I have a 30 gallon home depot air compressor but no impact gun so I guess I'll have to hit up Harbor Freight.

I don't have a torch... How about a heat gun?

I don't like noise it gives away my location, intention and direction.

But like a dumb-ass, I removed the manifold before fiddling with the O2 sensor, thinking it would come off with no grief. The pipe is up in air thanks to a jack-stand.

If your wondering, yes I forgot it hangs from the manifold, so when I got the last nut off I was reminded by the fact after the pipe crashed into my balls & face..

'A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.'
    -Robert Hughes

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ncinirator For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Well, I have a 30 gallon home depot air compressor but no impact gun so I guess I'll have to hit up Harbor Freight.

I don't have a torch... How about a heat gun?

I don't like noise it gives away my location, intention and direction.

But like a dumb-ass, I removed the manifold before fiddling with the O2 sensor, thinking it would come off with no grief. The pipe is up in air thanks to a jack-stand.

If your wondering, yes I forgot it hangs from the manifold, so when I got the last nut off I was reminded by the fact after the pipe crashed into my balls & face..

Been there done that lol

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

You may find that a little propane torch used for plumbing may help. Good luck finding an impact at HF that will have enough humf to work. You may be able to go to a Pawn shop and get a decent impact gun for a reasonable price. Wish you the best of luck

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro96 View Post
    You may find that a little propane torch used for plumbing may help. Good luck finding an impact at HF that will have enough humf to work. You may be able to go to a Pawn shop and get a decent impact gun for a reasonable price. Wish you the best of luck

Crap man, I totally didn't think of that, i have 2 propane torches laying around somewhere.

I know Harbor Freight sells China stuff, I do not endorse them at all when it comes to things that get the job done.

I didn't think about the pawn shop route either, I walked into one once and didn't like the feeling of it. Had to go home and shower.

I'll probably seek an impact from HF or craftsman.... Maybe home depot or Lowes.

-Robert Hughes

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

the pipe crashed into my balls & face..
    It didn't make sense for the exhaust pipento fall in my crotch after I un-bolted it from the manifold. Last night I noticed that its bent away from, and not hooked up to the holder thingy. The passenger side is though

Looks like the previous owner got flim-flamed on an exhaust repair or took a stupid short cut to hanging a new pipe.

-Robert Hughes

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Caleb
    Vehicle
    '94 Bright Teal Z28 M6

It didn't make sense for the exhaust pipento fall in my crotch after I un-bolted it from the manifold. Last night I noticed that its bent away from, and not hooked up to the holder thingy. The passenger side is though

Looks like the previous owner got flim-flamed on an exhaust repair or took a stupid short cut to hanging a new pipe.

Harbor freight tools are like disposable cutlery. You can wash them if you have to, but why not throw it away and buy more??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bright Teal ’94 Z28 – K&N CAI – Speed Engineering LTs – Pacesetter ORY – Magnaflow Muff
    Test my MPG Calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmaroon View Post
    Harbor freight tools are like disposable cutlery. You can wash them if you have to, but why not throw it away and buy more??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I took advantage of the black Friday sales. Scored a craftsman impact gun and a bunch of other stuff from 30-50% off!

Today I'll break off the O2 sensor to get the impact on it and get'er done.

-Robert Hughes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast