Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default Any fisherman on here?

I think I see Joelster posting trout fishing all the time, but anyone else? I hadn't been freshwater fishing in well over 15 years at this point. Last time I can think of was in 1997 with my dad, and then twice while Deployed to Diego Garcia BIOT with the Air Force back in 1999.

So last week, I got back into it, mainly for a recreation bit and a hobby bit with my son. My father and I aren't terribly close, but some of my fondest memories are of fishing with him out on the lake. So my son took right to casting, amazingly well for a almost 4 year old. My wife is enjoying it too, so we're going to get her a license and setup so she can "legally" fish also. Been three times and sadly my son has yet to hit his first fish (though after about 20-30 minutes he's well distracted with building sand castles or throwing things into the body of water we're at). Just gotta get him to focus more and once he hooks one he'll find it more interesting. He took right to holding them though. We were below a dam fishing today and I pulled a nice bluegill out, and the first thing he says is "can I hold it?" So he holds out his hands and I set it in, and he freaking grabs it pinning the fins back like a pro! Anyway.........

I'm seriously getting "hooked" on fishing again. I forgot how much I miss it. Anyone else on here fish? Got any whopper stories?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ben
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28 (SS clone)

I love trout fishing in the fresh spring fed rivers in Missouri. Or snagging on the Mississippi

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

I only fish fresh when the perch start coming up the rivers to spawn. I'm really into surf fishing. I've been out a handful of times this year. Last week on memorial day, I hit the beach at 4:30am and was reeling in large croaker by 5:00. Here's the 1st of 8 that found the inside of my cooler:
    croaker.jpg

Around 8am we lost the bite completely and it was slow until around 8:30 when we both brought in a few tiny smooth dogfish. That told us to pack up and beat the tourons home. Sorry the picture is kinda fuzzy but their eyes are a really bright green and are awesome to see in person.
    Doggie fish.jpg

Last year, I was out on a friends boat in the Delaware Bay when I hooked something large. It drug our little 14' boat about 1/4 mile on the 20 min fight. We finally got it to the boat and turned out to be a cow nosed ray with about a 7ft span. The head and mouth was over a foot and 1/2 wide. I clipped the line as close I felt safe (BIG BARB) and sent her on her way. I know its not a keeper story but seeing something that large that close is pretty exciting.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    95 Z28 6 speed

I fresh water fish. Bass, catfish, bluegill, and crappie. I haven't been but a couple times this year because work, family, and my camaro have taken my time. I certainly miss being on the water at daybreak, with the sun coming over the trees and smoke on the water!! And that feeling as you're heading to the first hole and wanting to sink that hook into a trophy bass.

Some of my best times have been fishing.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

I like swedish fish....

Co-Owner/Admin @ LTXtech.com

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Yep, I love to fish, but I typically only shore fish. It's harder to find big fish when you shore fish, but if you keep at it you will find some good spots in creeks or streams that can hold bigger fish. I am very lucky where I am that we have a few fisheries and a massive trout stocking program. I also live 20 minutes from Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, and BIG fish swim into jut about all of the tributaries in the fall.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

VIP Member

Status

I love to fish, however I don't really get to anymore working all the time. I don't think I've wet a hook in 6 months or so. I still keep a reel in my work truck for slow/rainy days, but haven't had any luck getting freed up to hit some water. I grew up fresh water fishing, and got into salt water in recent years. My father in law is a tournament fisher, and its a blast to go out with him, although fishing with him make you feel like you're a beginner lol
    because jack stand racecar

MAD ABOUT LTX's

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 1970 Firebird Espirit, 1972 Camaro Sport Coupe

Me and my brother used to fish below the Carquinez bridge and one night about 3 am I hooked something that pulled me to my feet ( I was sitting in a chair) and I tried for 20 mins to get it close to shore and when I got it up to the rocks my brother who by the way had also consumed a large amount of alcohol decided that he would get the net and try to net this thing. Long story short is that he ended up falling in the ocean and the line snapped and I fell over backwards and neither of us even got to see what the hell it was on my line but I am thinking it was a big sturgeon but it could have even been a shark. We ended up leaving after that because our ride showed up not 10 mins later and laughed at us both the whole way back home.
    If you don't stand behind our MIlitary then feel free to stand in front of them. <---- This is my oldest son (PROUD DAD HERE) Mike (just plain mad) Madman337 1993 Camaro Z/28 A4 all stock other than a muffler and LCAs @292K+ miles. 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. 1972 Camaro, 1994 Corvette, ​17 Fusion Sport AWD V6 Twin Turbo

InActive Member

Status

I like to fish, but like you its been a long time. You'll find there's lots of places to fish around here. I'm glad you've found a hobby you and the family can enjoy.
    1995 Z28 - disfunctional now, perhaps insane after its "treatment"
    1998 Formula WS6 -Heads, cam, intake, bolt ons 441RWHP

Got this guy today:

'94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joelster For This Post:

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast