Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Default Well... its the painful end to my friend the camaro...

Well the end of an era has come. Before I go into this any further, I ask that no one post about this outside of this post, as I have some family that is currently traveling back home from vacation and I do not want them stressed and worried. I know I have other family on here, and I ask that you please respect that as well for me to let them know when they return. All responses or comments go here as I have this post hidden.

If you look close in the photo, you will see the camaro's final resting place before I was transported to the hospital. She is Done... there is no doubt that the car will be totalled at this point..

Let me begin with saying I am fine. I HAVE a contusion to my head, as well as below my left knee. I was consious the entire time and actually handled the scene until emergency crews arrived. Robeson & Birdsboro police as well as fire and ambulance from the area were fantastic. I walked on my own to the gurney and on the ambulance... i called angela from inside the car as I waited for help to get out... and even told the nice lady who called 911 for me, what to say so that they did not dispatch unnecessary services. Got to the ER, i walked in... i walked from bed to cart and back again several times as they scanned... cat scanned xrayed... etc etc etc... Well turns out... I broke my hip... so Im here to stay, at least till I see the surgeon to discuss what he wants to do 2moro.

Kinda funny... i walk here... i walk there... i walk with no issue, then they tell me "u have to stay, cause u cant walk." Lol, I beg to differ.

Of course knowing how much Angela would worry and panic, I knew how important it was that I be the one to call her. Also that i be calm and minimize the incident. She arrived at the hospital to be with me... fighting tears the whole time no matter how much i reassured her that I was ok... she only left a lil bit ago to pick up stuff for me and pick up the items that were being secured for me at the pd. Thanku my love...

Now for what happened... because I know thats whats on everyones mind... I was heading to the PC&C event this am, traveling on 724. As we passed the Robeson Twp Pd building, there is a passing lane. I was following a beautiful red 3? Street rod that was traveling around 40. We were in a 55mph zone, so i (5th gear) signalled and switched lanes. Began accelerating, and as i was just passing him... something happened... the camaro turned hard right, just ahead of his front bumper, all i could think was IM GONNA WRECK, I CANT TAKE THIS GUYS CAR OUT WITH ME. Between his braking and me fighting it, i slid right past him and nailed the guiderail with the front driver side fender of the camaro, which then swung the left rear into the guiderail, and began the violent spin like a top...

Bracing myself in the drivers area, as I was not wearing a seatbelt, I shot across the roadway towards the trees and drop off... seeing it coming, I put my head down and braced for impact...

The car and I charged into the treeline sideways and came to rest with the passenger side against a tree and a concrete drainage piece...

As i said earlier... i was concious the entire time and I remember every bit of it. Checked myself over from head to tow, and found a bruise on the side of my head and the hip pain. Police arrived on location, and helped me get out as i was unsure of the extent of damage to my hip. I was armed so I released my piece to the officer to hold for me as I walked to the ambulance. I even stopped and went back to get my vape... lol.

While in the ambulance, I asked if I could sit in a regular chair cause laying down was uncomfortable.

While Angela was here with me in the hospital, i called and spoke with the officer. He advised me that the guy I was passing said that he was going 40 and I was not going that fast when I passed... told him it was odd cause the car just turned... the officer actually stated that the guy said it appeared as though the "rear, or rear axle had broken, turning the car around violently." So Ill be checking out the car when I get a chance.

Long story short... the end of an era has come. The camaro that so many know as my car is done... I hope to get photos later, when I am allowed to leave the hospital, however for now... I lay and wait to see if they are going to screw me back together, or what...

Im currently pretty medicated, so I may not answer messages or texts etc, but feel free to holla. Not alot to do here, ya know. Lol.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Brad
    Vehicle
    1979 Monte Carlo
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear, glad you are ok.
    2013 King of Street & ES/PA Champ

1979 Chevy Monte Carlo 383,Stock Ported Heads, 4L80 with Edge converter, QP 9", Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit
    Certified Performance & Auto Repair Inc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 79LT1Monte For This Post:

Cars can be replaced, YOU cant! glad it's no worse than it is. Still sad to hear this news!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to superspirit For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Thanks fellas. Still sad... she was a big part of Me...

OWNER/ADMIN

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

@popo8 what did you hit your head on? Thats a helluva egg.

Just relax, do what the docs want, dont want to hurt ur hip anymore than it is, that would be bad. Like ive said multiple times, cars can be replaced, but you cant bro, and you got alot of people who care about you. Enjoy the sponge bath!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1994 formy
    Supporting Member

Good to see you're okay, but it is sad to see the era end. Like others have said a car can be replaced...even if its not an easy thing to do

383, Eagle crank, scat rods, Mahle pistons, 238/248 .565 cam. 3k stall, AFR 210 heads, Pacesetter LT, 58 MM TB and a few other goodies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spikester7878 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

Good to see you came out of it ok.

god bless
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to donfrye For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    @popo8 what did you hit your head on? Thats a helluva egg.

Just relax, do what the docs want, dont want to hurt ur hip anymore than it is, that would be bad. Like ive said multiple times, cars can be replaced, but you cant bro, and you got alot of people who care about you. Enjoy the sponge bath!

I believe it was the rearview mirror on the initial impact with the guidrail... it lofted me out of the seat and fwd until slamming me back down when it spun the ass end into the guiderail...

Im following their instructions with the exceptiom of using a bed pan... i walk to the bathroom. Lol.

OWNER/ADMIN

14. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Crooked head...

OWNER/ADMIN

16. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    I believe it was the rearview mirror on the initial impact with the guidrail... it lofted me out of the seat and fwd until slamming me back down when it spun the ass end into the guiderail...

Im following their instructions with the exceptiom of using a bed pan... i walk to the bathroom. Lol.

OWNER/ADMIN
    Was gonna say hope it wasnt my sslowboat emblem, or osies computer LOL. Hang in there bro.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast