Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Try scanning longer, at least 10 minutes, or scan for a few minutes after it warms up. The scan you posted is still in closed-loop mode with a cold engine.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Power is there still. Whiteish steam that smells like raw gas. a miss fire that sounds like its in the exhaust. and when i check my fuel pressure it would drop off after prime at start no codes

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Ill scan tomorrow its just sounds like im going to blow up the cat some times

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Fred is the man to help, but in the meantime you might want to recheck the fuel pressure. Pull the vacuum line off the regulator and see if it smells strongly of gas.

1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily.
    Author of Scan9495, free pc apps 93-95 LT1,94/95 L32: http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...light=scan9495

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Yes thanks did that even waited to see if there was any gas coming out when running. pressure did go up

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDoug View Post
    Try scanning longer, at least 10 minutes, or scan for a few minutes after it warms up. The scan you posted is still in closed-loop mode with a cold engine.
    "still in open-loop" - and I know it's a typo...

Start it cold, let it warm up, about 3-1/2 minutes, then drive it normally. Try and get at least one full throttle pull to above 5,000 RPM. At the end of the drive, let it idle for about 30 seconds before you shut it off.

I assume from your description of the problem - fuel smell, misfire - it happens all the time? Where do you see this "whiteish steam that smells like raw gas" coming from?

Just a minor observation from the log, the left bank is running fairly rich with the 128 BLM in open-loop, and the right bank is running closer to where it is supposed to be with the 128 BLM in cell 16. As you noted, the right BLM jumps to 160 when the control switches to Cell 17, which it does in open-loop when the throttle is closing (decel) or fairly steady (not 0%) with no engine load. This appears to be a mathematically derived cell, based on the operating cells used in closed-loop. Do not under any circumstances pull power to the PCM or clear it. We need to see the stored BLM's for the other operating cells. Also, the left O2 reading is normally running fairly high (rich 800mV plus) most of the time, with sudden drops to 100-200mV. That may be the misfires, dumping unused air into the left side exhaust.

One other suggestion.... at this point we are responding in a thread started by someone else. That's not a good idea, because it can cause confusion for the original poster. Always start a new thread when possible. I apologize to 95camaro.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    "still in open-loop" - and I know it's a typo...
    Ha. I would like to say I was "looped" when I mistyped that, but I wasn't ;-) Chalk another one up to OFS, I guess.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDoug View Post
    Ha. I would like to say I was "looped" when I mistyped that, but I wasn't ;-) Chalk another one up to OFS, I guess.
    That's what happens when old folks stay up past 9:00 PM. You've seen me do the same things in late evening hours.....
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Heres the log had to turn the air on a couple times car is running real rich https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrup1xpp8g...37818.zip?dl=0 I would like to race it next year but need to get all the bugs out . like I said fuel pressure drop after key on prime. no fuel out of the vacuum hose on the FPR Thanks again for the help. Sorry about high jacking the thread Sunday Il take it out and log a run. its just running like crap from the start and if you give it more throttle more cloud of fuel out the exhaust
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 09-09-2016 at 08:56 PM.

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Gary
    Vehicle
    1998 Trans Am

I know Fred wanted a full throttle burst, but there wasn't one. Was the engine not running well enough to "punch it"? The TPS only went to 8%.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast