Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New tires are on and the car is working well. I had to swap back to my stock TB for the time being, the ported one I had was sticking and causing high idle. I have an aftermarket 52mm one coming in the mail.

(photo credit Darlene Tower)
    June 2018 315s by Rented Mule, on Flickr
    1995 Firebird Formula, M6, ram-air, C7 hubs, BMR/Strano/Founders/Koni suspension, bolt-ons, Recaros, 315 Nankang AR-1's
    2010 Corvette Grand Sport, A6, Kooks/Halltech, 418 rwhp
    1966 Mustang 289-2V, auto, factory original

Grave digging my project thread since I've started working on the car again.

Car is now on the 19" VMR V710's I used to have on my G8 because my 17" street tires were dangerously weather cracked. The tires are a hair small at 245/35 but they're nearly new Pilot Sport AS4's so I'm just going to run them until they wear out (or die of old age)

V710 by Rented Mule, on Flickr

For a race seat, I initially tried a fixed-back Momo Start but the sliders broke and it was horribly uncomfortable.

Momo start seat by Rented Mule, on Flickr

Ponied up some $ for a decent set of Recaros from a Mitsubishi Evo X and got them in this week.

Recaros by Rented Mule, on Flickr

They're probably 25 lbs heavier than the stock manual cloth seats but they're worlds better for comfort and support. I need to work on the mounts though, the sliders have a limited range since they hit the bolts I used to mount them to the floor bracket (Ebay). I'll probably need to weld studs on the sliders, which means I need to improve my super-amateur welding skills.

I also bought a set of C7 hub adapters from Jim Dulaney years ago and finally got them installed this week.

20210503_134356 by Rented Mule, on Flickr

20210503_133257 by Rented Mule, on Flickr

I'm also getting old because the rattles and squeaks are starting to annoy me. I installed a bunch of Kilmat in the package tray and trunk and it helped a bit. The rod-ended LCAs and panhard are probably the cause.

20210504_150302 by Rented Mule, on Flickr

Up next is a Fays 2 Watts link and replacing my current power steering fluid cooler.
    1995 Firebird Formula, M6, ram-air, C7 hubs, BMR/Strano/Founders/Koni suspension, bolt-ons, Recaros, 315 Nankang AR-1's
    2010 Corvette Grand Sport, A6, Kooks/Halltech, 418 rwhp
    1966 Mustang 289-2V, auto, factory original

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rentedmule For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

generally panhard bars dont cause the noise, its the rod end lca's. Good to see youre still around and have progress!
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    1997 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSlowBoat View Post
    generally panhard bars dont cause the noise, its the rod end lca's. Good to see youre still around and have progress!
    I'm digging it too. After 4 years of mine up on jacks in the garage I'm starting to get back to it, want it back on the road. I have suspension upgrades sitting in boxes waiting to go on.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

1997 Z28 Z4C, M6 - CAI, MGW, 17" SS wheels, shorties/Stainless Works Y, Magnaflow, stock engine/tune.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Not Dave For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dave View Post
    I'm digging it too. After 4 years of mine up on jacks in the garage I'm starting to get back to it, want it back on the road. I have suspension upgrades sitting in boxes waiting to go on.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    woohoo. i just grabbed a 89 formy to play with/flip maybe, then get a cpt trans for the 95

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12