Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Default CPT aka Frank Cahall

My Dad's 2000 Silverado finally let it's glass-internal 4L60e go at 195k. He has driven it for 190k of those miles and really babied the thing. It has a custom catback, k&n drop in, and dyno tune (mpg efficiency mainly).

Called Frank right away, he recommend a stock rebuild and stock replacement Protorque. Dropped it off and turn around time on his behalf was fast as usual. Communication was on point. Never disappointed.

Got the trans back and didn't shim the converter properly, wiped out the front pump before it got a chance to even move under its own power. Frank identified the issue, asked me to bring it back, offered to replace the pump with a new one (that I paid for), no cost and extended the warranty. This wasn't a typical warranty job, he didn't have to do that. Says so on the warranty guidelines.

Anyway, truck runs and drives now. One of the hardest jobs I have ever done was this trans swap. The tq converter bolts are accesible through the starter hole and use three 8mm Allen bolts. That wasn't as bad as spending 30 hours just torching out exhaust studs.

Found some frame rot too, after I just had new rockers installed and some other misc rust repair. Oh, and one exhaust tail section rusted off during the test drive. After crapping my pants, I determined it was exhaust and rejoiced lol. Frame and exhaust has been repaired and it's now legal and driving under its own power.

As for the UPGRADED stock rebuild trans, shifts are much firmer than stock. Truck now feels healthy with more pick up. My Dad noted that not only does it feel more peppy, but it has better throttle response and it dropped a couple RPM lower at 55mph.

He is tickled with it. We can't thank you enough, Frank. The Cahall clan is always there for me. You are both great assets to this community.

Sent from my LG V10

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harner For This Post: