Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am

Default Weeks of trying to bleed new clutch master and slave cylinder! HELP!

Hey guys I installed a new master and slave cylinder on my 1997 Trans Am and am having hell. I bought the pieces separate so they were not prebled. For the last 3 weekends I have read posts and watched videos on how to bleed this damn thing and nothing!!! Can someone please tell me how to bleed my setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Did you bench bleed the master before installing it?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am

No I did not?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Best to bleed everything on the bench and easier too. I assume the little strap on the slave snapped off which is normal with first use. You can bleed that by hand under the car and try not to let the slave shaft come all the way out. When bleeding the slave starts to hurt your palm, you will know it's close to being bled lol. Helps to have someone watch for any bubbles in the reservoir when you are bleeding the slave too.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I helped a buddy of mine install the McLeod adjustable MC in his 99 SS. Wasn't bench bled, and even with the LS1 slave's bleeder fitting, he pumped for 1/2 an hour and it wouldn't build pressure. I loaned him my Mity-Vac and he was able to get it worked out.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am

Figured out the issue! My father neglected to remove the plug that was on the new hose running to the reservoir.

After all that i have an issue that I've never had. So new clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, master and slave cylinder.

When taking off in first pretty bad shake. Once u get going it will go threw gears fine. But the issue is this. If the engine is revved over 3k rpms the entire car shakes violently. Its like the entire engine is convulsing. Never had the issues before? Any clues?

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Stock or rebuilt engine? Stock external balance or internal balance if rebuilt? Does the flywheel have the LT1 external balance weight on it?

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am

383 stroker rebuilt before i purchased. I was thinking something with the flywheel not matching up with the build bet thats it. I don't remember seeing any weight on it