Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

The Nitrous Outlet Junkie

Status
    Name
    Troy
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

Default SBC intake bolt pattern on LT1 heads

okay lt1 peeps ... i successfully converted my stock heads to a SBC intake bolt pattern for my carb conversion. if you want to check my build thread you can see all the pictures. i got a spare set of heads i used to practice on and i was wondering of any one would want me to MAYBE sell them. if any one is really wanting these i will get all the holes welded up and drilled for a SBC type intake. i posted it here cause i have no idea if any one has interest in them. i know people who want a single plane intake and there arnt many options out there (i know i have looked). with this modification you can have any of the great looking and functioning intakes that are out there ... you could even put in a roots style or twin screw blower right on these heads. if there is a big interest i may start doing this for LT1 folks for a undetermined price. Really the only two alternative options are get some very ugly wedge washers so the bolt head doesnt sit on the intake at a bad angle or drill and hack up the intake so it fit our funky bolt pattern. If you chose the later option then the intake is weakened and may not provide a seal due to uneven pressure. so what do yall think?

who is has questions?

attn: @popo8 this is NOT a for sell thread as i have not posted a price i am wanting to see if there is any interest in this or not. I just wanted to know if it can be here or if it needs to be moved.
    Last edited by zooguy; 04-27-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    94 Formula "budget build" #thebeaterbird
    10.177 @128.31 on a lil 250 shot
    350, LT1, carb, LE grind cam, th400, 4k stall, ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s

Lurker

Status

so you needed a carb intake for a LT1 head/block motor?
    96 BBB 383/T56

The Nitrous Outlet Junkie

Status
    Name
    Troy
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

yes but the gmpp is a dual plane and i wanted a single plane because of the nitrous setup i am going with.
    94 Formula "budget build" #thebeaterbird
    10.177 @128.31 on a lil 250 shot
    350, LT1, carb, LE grind cam, th400, 4k stall, ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s