Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

I have no idea why the site kept changing my link to an eBay auction but the one I posted was only 498 for a 41" box.
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

Quote Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28 View Post
    I'm going with this one and getting rid of my two smaller Craftsman one's. Like Fastbird I want the work space on top. I was looking at the HF one's but then I found this one as an online only. It's deeper and a little bit wider than what I was considering from HF. I've heard lots of good things about the HF boxes though.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-...atalogId=10053

Attachment 36216
    wow stupid moment here. i have one similar to that, liked it because it tucked under my work bench... not one time did i think about actually dragging it to what i was working on...

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Walter Devine
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 2002 Z28

Ive been looking around and Im gonna go with this Harbor freight box(If I get this job) Foudn a coupon online for 100 off, Makes it 699 and just a damn good deal.
    Ive bought some stuff from HB over the years but Ive noticed you have to be careful nowadays. Some of their stuff is way overpriced compared to other brands that are no doubt better.

96 Z28 LT1 stroker, cage 9 inch, spray 10.24@134.58 1.54 60
    02 Z28 edge converter, LTs, lid, cam, spray 12.0@112N/A

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

I have a couple different boxes and the US general pro stuff is pretty good, but I'd get some of the higher end in store craftsman boxes. The drawer weight ratings are higher and they open smoother not to mention the grip latch is a nice touch. The 52" top and bottom combo can be had for around $800 if you time it right and has a lifetime warranty iirc.

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Walter Devine
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 2002 Z28

Just need a bottom box. Didnt know you could get a craftsman for that kind of money. Ill look into them before I buy one. Keep looking on Craigslist for a deal. I always see them till I actually need one now

96 Z28 LT1 stroker, cage 9 inch, spray 10.24@134.58 1.54 60
    02 Z28 edge converter, LTs, lid, cam, spray 12.0@112N/A

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Craftsman boxes do NOT carry a lifetime warranty. I have a Craftsman ball bearing griplatch 40" bottom and top box, and would trade those in a heartbeat for one of the HF boxes. Having played with both I can honestly say the HF box is far ahead in build quality. Granted my Craftsman combo is.......about 11 years old now or so.......can't compare to the newest offerings though they look the same to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Banned

Status
    Name
    Big Papi
    Vehicle
    2015 Fusion Titanium AWD
    Blog Entries

I have the Husky Box it is very good quality at a great price!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1995 Mystic z28

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I have the Husky Box it is very good quality at a great price!
    Did you get the 52 or 41?
    95 Mystic Z28, 17x9 FR, 17x11 RR ZR-1's, Pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe, Borla adjustable, Moroso CAI, 2800 Stall, AC Delete, and Cracked Dash/broken lid Mod.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

I've handle both of their most recent offerings and the craftsman is better built IMO. They do have a lifetime warranty. This is the bottom half of the combo.

http://m.craftsman.com/craftsman-52-...p-00958630000P

I paid $999 for the combo on black Friday a few years ago. The price fluctuates year round and was actually $799 a few weeks ago. The drawer weight ratings are higher than the US general pro. The problem with the craftsman boxes like many manufacturers is that they are made by a 3rd party and quality will differ between models and years.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

Craftsman added the warranty to the higher models a few years ago, I was told this when I bought mine since the older models were still there and didn't carry the same warranty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast