Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

Default AFR 210cc Heads & LE LT4 Intake

$1400 for the heads.

I gave in and sold the intake.

I am reluctantly selling my AFR 210cc heads with new Comp Cams springs and LE LT4 intake powder coated black.

My 383 will only be at 9:6 to 1 CR with the heads and that's why I'm selling these parts. I'll never get close to my N/A goal with that.

About the heads:
    AFR 210cc Competition LT4 pre-eliminator 65cc chamber heads part #1101.
    New Comp Cams Valve Springs 953-16 http://m.summitracing.com/parts/cca-953-16
    The springs are on the heads and the heads were bolted on, but I never used them.

I bought the heads off e-bay and they belonged to a guy with a turbo or supercharged engine and parted his LT1 after he ruined it. I can't remember what happened to it, but he replaced two valves because of this as pictured. I believe I have a picture of the receipt with the work done to it somewhere saved, but I have to look for it. I can send all the pictures you want to inspect them.

About the LE LT4 intake:
    It has been ported and polished by Lloyd Elliot for $200.
    It was powder coated black for $350 and had not been bolted on since. They had to strip the red powder coat off to powder coat it gloss black. Then they did a great job removing the powder coat off the fins. It's not wavy or rough. I kind of feel like I paid a little too much for the powder coat, but it looks good and the company that did it is very reputable.

I will only ship the item with insurance, so expect to pay for that. It's to protect both of us and for our peace of mind.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Last edited by 383z; 06-07-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Did you cc the chambers to know for sure they are 65cc? They come around 55-58 usually unless they are special ordered otherwise.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

65cc is stamped underneath the heads and AFR confirmed it when I sent them an e-mail asking them questions about the heads. I wish they were 55's.
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I would only be interested in them if they were 62+cc. I think it would be worth your time to have the chambers measured. Unless you knew the person you bought them off of, all the way to the original buyer, all bets are off on what size they are. Pretty much every time I've sent heads to the machine shop they've had to deck them .008 to clean up. If that gets done a few times you will end up with heads that started life @ 65cc and are smaller now. You may have what you need already...
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

The Nitrous Outlet Junkie

Status
    Name
    Troy
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

very true
    94 Formula "budget build" #thebeaterbird
    10.177 @128.31 on a lil 250 shot
    350, LT1, carb, LE grind cam, th400, 4k stall, ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

firebird_1995 you could be right. Damn you for giving me hope again! Lol I'm on this crazy emotional rollercoaster, because all I needed was a custom cam to finish building my engine until I was corrected on my CR. I did the math wrong. Then I had to decide to sell the parts which was hard to do, because I feel they are quality parts. I also went through a lot to learn about the springs, shipping for porting, then powdered-coating, and bla bla bla.
    Anyways, luckily their is a place I can take the heads to measure the chambers not far from my home that I've been curious to visit. I guess I'll visit them tomorrow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 383z For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

You can always have them decked to bring the CC's down. Aftermarket heads usually have a much thicker deck surface. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

I thought the same thing, but Lloyd Elliot said I would have to take too much off and then I'd have to get the intakes ports angled correctly, because fitment between the heads and intake can become an issue. Afterwards the CR still wouldn't be near what I would like it. Last, Lloyd Elliot really steered me away from doing that, so I'll follow his guidance. He has more knowledge than me.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by 383z View Post
    I thought the same thing, but Lloyd Elliot said I would have to take too much off and then I'd have to get the intakes ports angled correctly, because fitment between the heads and intake can become an issue. Afterwards the CR still wouldn't be near what I would like it. Last, Lloyd Elliot really steered me away from doing that, so I'll follow his guidance. He has more knowledge than me.
    He would know best.
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

Lloyd did a set of Trickflow 195x heads for me. I had him do every option available. Work of art!! Can't wait to see how they perform. He's definitely the man to talk with. Highly recommended!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast