Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by 95SSCamaro View Post
    Attachment 35973Attachment 35974

here you go, their shop is like 45 mins from me so i went down there and picked it up. Fitment is amazing bolts right in only have to drill out the panhard bar bolt holes a size or two, and is up out of the way. Plus it gives you all the room for rear coil overs, i have a set of AFCO's i still need to install.
    Very interesting setup. I have a strange S60 with their ultimate cover. They have some neat stuff on their website. Anybody have any input on this setup? Got me thinking.
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Well I still haven't bought a rear drag bar setup yet. Spohn is having a July 4th sales event with up to 40% off. Drag bar is normally $399 on sale $339 and free shipping. Seems like a hard deal to pass up. Anyone have any insight on the Spohn drag bar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I have the Spohn drag bar. In fact, Steve Spohn did his prototype install on my Formula to verify the design. Only fault we found is we had to turn the base of my QA1 single adjustables 180° to clear the adjustment knobs. Not a lot of street miles, and most of those were driving to the track or shows with skinnies on the front and slicks on the rear, and no front sway bar. Obviously not a setup you want to use for taking a hard corner. But with rational driving, no problems at all. Just have to know your limits.

It's pretty much a given that a larger sway bar on the back, compared to the front, is going to cause oversteer.

I'll post a couple pics when I get back to my PC.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    I have the Spohn drag bar. In fact, Steve Spohn did his prototype install on my Formula to verify the design. Only fault we found is we had to turn the base of my QA1 single adjustables 180° to clear the adjustment knobs. Not a lot of street miles, and most of those were driving to the track or shows with skinnies on the front and slicks on the rear, and no front sway bar. Obviously not a setup you want to use for taking a hard corner. But with rational driving, no problems at all. Just have to know your limits.

It's pretty much a given that a larger sway bar on the back, compared to the front, is going to cause oversteer.

I'll post a couple pics when I get back to my PC.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Spohn Pro-Series Anti-Roll Bar:

- air bags were removed after sway bar install.

- first pic shows after removal of stock sway bar end link mount

- new mount bolts to same holes, but should be tack welded

- adjusting knobs on HAL/QA1 shocks were originally facing inward, had to be rotated to outward facing

- u-bolt for bar mount is tack welded at top

- Steve and his father doing their thing

- adjustable LCA's were "old style" poly with big nut in the middle to ease adjustment. They were replaced with newer design with spherical rod ends.

- torque arm is also custom design, to accommodate the added length of the Gear Vendors O/D, relocating the DS loop. Dropped front chassis mount is a holdover from my earlier exhaust with 4" Mufflex intermediate pipe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

A few more....
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

Nice setup! Drag bar looks stout. Think I'm sold. Can't beat the price plus free shipping. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12