Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

Default My 94 Z28 & his 2015 Hemi truck

A new hire in the locomotive shop we work at has been wantin' to meet me at the Evadale, TX track for some casual competition against his Dodge 1500 pickup I believe is a 2015...maybe a 2014 I dunno, but it has a stock Hemi 5.7. Last night, after we got off work, we rolled left around a corner on the I-10 service road & had almost 1/4 mile of blacktop in front of us. He was in the left lane and I was doin' 20 mph around the corner when we lined bumpers briefly then mashed on it. I pulled out about one & 1/2 car lengths & he slowly gained until I was lookin' left at his front bumper out my driver window. I opened the gap & put his bumper at my back seat at 90 mph when I was forced to change lanes to my right cuz of a slow rollin' Dodge Charger in my lane. I proceeded down the feeder to a U turn and then another U turn at the corner where we started. Then I got the idea to catch up to him b4 he gets to the corner near our homes where we part ways most nights. With about a 3 minute head start on me there I got to the corner about 15 seconds behind him, 7 miles later. It made a believer outta him that he might oughta bring sandbags in the bed of his truck to the track & has him talkin' now about an exhaust system with headers like I have. It wasn't planned for us to do that on the street last night but it gave him a taste of what he was wonderin' about...5.7 LT1 modded vs stock 5.7 Hemi. I dunno if startin' @ a line would benefit my car since it takes like 6 burnouts for my 7 year old, rock hard tires to hook. At the track I deflate 'em to 20psi on the rears & blow the fronts to 45psi which gets my traps & ET in my signature. Anyway, it should qualify for a W in the column for the LT1, and he agreed!!
    Last edited by Ardent_Z28; 01-21-2016 at 01:43 AM.
    '94 Z28 Red, SLP Ultra Z hood/air box/spoiler, LT1 w/deletions & mods, 4L60e Pro Race build by​ CPT, Pacesetter LTs with stainless Speed Engineering LS1 True Duals, LS1 front brakes, Kenny Brown Double Diamond SFCs.
    '94 Z28 Arctic White, T-tops, retired.