Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Using the 10" wide wheel with a 5.5" offset, and narrowing the rear 2" per side would end up with the wheel in the exact same position as my stock width 12-bolt w/ 10" wide, 7.5" BS wheels. This is an M/T ET Drag 28x10.5-15W. It is 28.1" diameter, 13.1" wide. By comparison (assuming M/T ET Street Radial):

295/55:
    -diameter = 27.8"
    -width = 12.0"

That would put the outside edge of the tire about 1/2" deeper in the fender, compared to the photo.

275/60
    -diameter = 28.0"
    -width = 11.0"

That would put the outside edge of the tire about 1" deeper in the fender compared to the photo.

Also note that M/T uses an 8" wide wheel to measure the 275/60.

Narrowing 3" (1.5" per side) instead of 4" would move the 275/60 back to within 1/2" of the photo, but as you already realize, that limits you when looking to go wider on the tires.
    Fred, I would like more side profile and 1/4 panel clearance pics if you have them. I hear that Birds have a lil more room in the 1/4's than us Camaro guys have.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I'll post as many as I can that may help you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

A few more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Thanks Fred, I appreciate that. Do you know how much wider Bird quarters are?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris P. Bacon
    Vehicle
    1994 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28 View Post
    Thanks Fred, I appreciate that. Do you know how much wider Bird quarters are?

Wide enough to clear a 315 without rolling or hammering, if that helps. But they were only 35 series, going taller next time to fill in some of the gap. I love how tall Injuneer's rears are.

'94 Formula 6spd
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

My street wheels are the replica ZR1/GS 17x11's, 50mm offset, with a BFG 315/35-17 Drag Radial. At first, I did not roll the fender lip. But (when the car still had the T56 and Street Twin) on really hard shifts, the body would torque sideways hard enough to put the lip against the sidewall. Then I rolled them.

Buddy of of mine had the same street wheel/tire setup on his 30th Anniversary SS, and I'm pretty sure he had the fender lips rolled from day 1. He had no problems with rubbing on the street tires with the lip rolled.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    My street wheels are the replica ZR1/GS 17x11's, 50mm offset, with a BFG 315/35-17 Drag Radial. At first, I did not roll the fender lip. But (when the car still had the T56 and Street Twin) on really hard shifts, the body would torque sideways hard enough to put the lip against the sidewall. Then I rolled them.

Buddy of of mine had the same street wheel/tire setup on his 30th Anniversary SS, and I'm pretty sure he had the fender lips rolled from day 1. He had no problems with rubbing on the street tires with the lip rolled.
    You needed an ARB, Fred, lol!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123