Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: T56 leak

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    christopher
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Default T56 leak

Hey guys quick question. I did i t56 swap in my camaro a few months ago and its leaking from this part T56-1.jpg T56.jpg now forgive my ignorance as i dont know much about transmissions. What part is that? Its on the driver side with a braided line going out of it. Its got a crack in the bottom part where the bokt goes through. Im afraid its gonna leak alot of fluid and without a way to test the fluid level it freaks me out. This is my first 6 speed car also. The tranny has a centerforce clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. The tranny feel very mechanical and not what i would call buttery smooth. Maybe its just the parts but you can feel every inch of the shift. Also it has a b&m ripper and it doesnt feel like the throws are very short. Is there a way to adjust it? Screenshot_2015-11-22-23-49-35.png this is the shifter. When its in gear i can aslo move the shifter up and down and it moves about a inch (as if im gonna shift but not)
    Last edited by SavageZ28; 11-23-2015 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Miss spelt words

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    christopher
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

So its the hydraulic clutch line linkage...now how do i find the plastic oiece that bolts it to the tranny lol

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

You are referring to the slave cylinder. Pretty easy to find and install. If yours is leaking, I would drive the car personally. Hydraulic systems with leaks do not work well. Below are instructions for replacing the slave but confirm the line itself isn't bad.

To install, remove the 2 bolts holding it to the trans and remove the pin at the rear of the slave. Fluid will come out so swap it to the new one quick. Reinstall the pin. Refill any lost fluid at the reservoir.

The new slave has a plastic strap. Do not remove it. Before bolting the new slave back on, you need to bleed it by hand. Work the slave piston in and out with the palm of your hand. Make sure no bubbles are being produced in the reservoir. It will be hard on your hand.

Bolt it on with strap still intact. Go in car and push the clutch in, the strap should break at this point. Make sure the clutch feels good.

The shifter moving around is very odd. I would make sure the shifter and linkage in trans are ok.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

If you want to avoid the issue of bleeding a hydraulic system with no bleeder, there is a fully assembled master/braided line/slave available, pre-filled with the correct hydraulic fluid. On the other hand, removing and replacing the master on the firewall can be a real PITA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3017666...chn=ps&lpid=82
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.