Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

View Poll Results: Should the date of the LTX Shootout be changed?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it should be on Labor Day weekend

4 26.67%
  • Yes, it should be during a cooler time of year

11 73.33%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    Is that gump?
    No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by dawdaw View Post
    That car is bad ass and then some. It's a 98 fire bird formula and it Flys!
    He won with a 10.60

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    Stay at BG! They're good to us!
    +1

LTXtech.com IS my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

I think we have 2 many classes with the limited number of participants. Lets consolodate some.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Also @Fastbird and I were discussing this... but the shootout website could be incorporated into this forum, bringing everything together. I believe @meissen could verify that we could offer the shootout coordinators their own section, which could accomodate information... registration, shootout swag sales... etc.

Would keep me from having to duplicate whats on the other site...

I doubt there were any cars at the YB Nats that were debating about coming to the LTX Shootout. How many LTX cars run at the the YB Nats? Maybe 1? There are plenty of LT1 powered Stockers running around because (for the time being) the LT1 cars are very competitive as far as how much hp they rate them at and the race weight. Most of the competitive LT1 Stockers can dip into the 10.50's in good air. In the heat most of them are 10.70's+. The elite ones (like Ratcliff) are 10.30's and they'd rather run for a Wally than a Golden Opti. Every one of the LT1 Stockers would fall into Mod N/A, and they'd be giving up cubic inches, intake manifold selection, cylinder head selection, etc, etc. Only a few would show up, and even then, they wouldn't run well against a stacked field, if guys like Mike V, Taner, and Brady showed up. So moving it to accommodate the NHRA guys might be a moot point.
    '94 coupe, 10.15 at 133.65 414" LT1, 4500 stall, n/a, pump gas, mufflers, street trim
    '15 Z/28, Red Hot, AC, Autocross beast

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joelster For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Also @Fastbird and I were discussing this... but the shootout website could be incorporated into this forum, bringing everything together. I believe @meissen could verify that we could offer the shootout coordinators their own section, which could accomodate information... registration, shootout swag sales... etc.

Would keep me from having to duplicate whats on the other site...

While I agree this would be cool, I feel that its a step in the wrong direction. Don't get me wrong this site does wonders for LTX stuff and shooutout but the shootout needs to be across the web not just centered around one site. The shootout needs to get out there and what not. IDK how, but thats my thought.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

It still would be... just hosted t he through our vb.

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    I doubt there were any cars at the YB Nats that were debating about coming to the LTX Shootout. How many LTX cars run at the the YB Nats? Maybe 1? There are plenty of LT1 powered Stockers running around because (for the time being) the LT1 cars are very competitive as far as how much hp they rate them at and the race weight. Most of the competitive LT1 Stockers can dip into the 10.50's in good air. In the heat most of them are 10.70's+. The elite ones (like Ratcliff) are 10.30's and they'd rather run for a Wally than a Golden Opti. Every one of the LT1 Stockers would fall into Mod N/A, and they'd be giving up cubic inches, intake manifold selection, cylinder head selection, etc, etc. Only a few would show up, and even then, they wouldn't run well against a stacked field, if guys like Mike V, Taner, and Brady showed up. So moving it to accommodate the NHRA guys might be a moot point.
    Still a few cars none the less. A couple guys said they would be interested in going but it falls on the nationals . If moving the shootout to a different date didn't affect no one it would just be a plus .

I could care less either way . I feel that there would be more guys that can't show because it's on a holiday weekend then guys that would attend from yb Nats and nhra race

Curious Are you ever going to bring your car again ?

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Quote Originally Posted by joelster View Post
    And as far as your comment goes about they wouldn't show to be competitive . I'd disagree. It's more of a fun race and I'm sure you know that because you have attended one. It's taken serious but on a very light level. Comrodarery and getting to race everyone with different combos is fun.. a vast Majority of guys are not that hell bent on being number one in a fun event

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dawdaw For This Post:

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast