Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

View Poll Results: Should the date of the LTX Shootout be changed?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it should be on Labor Day weekend

4 26.67%
  • Yes, it should be during a cooler time of year

11 73.33%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Walter Devine
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 2002 Z28

+1 on the Et limit on classes. I dont have a lot of dogs in this race since I couldnt run mine, but still needs discussing. As for waiting later. If Bowling green is an option for next year dont base the weather on the time of year. Next labor day it could be 70 or 105. This coming weekend is suppose to be mid 70s.

96 Z28 LT1 stroker, cage 9 inch, spray 10.24@134.58 1.54 60
    02 Z28 edge converter, LTs, lid, cam, spray 12.0@112N/A

VIP Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by waltsfastz View Post
    +1 on the Et limit on classes. I dont have a lot of dogs in this race since I couldnt run mine, but still needs discussing. As for waiting later. If Bowling green is an option for next year dont base the weather on the time of year. Next labor day it could be 70 or 105. This coming weekend is suppose to be mid 70s.
    ET limit on classes, I like that.

I'd run both events if I could, but would pick the shootout if I had to.

I vote to have it in the fall time. Cooler temps and don't have to worry about rain like the spring time.

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro96 View Post
    Starting discussion for the 2016 LTX shootout date, time, and, place. I would like to put the question out there how many people run in nhra event at indenapollis? That would attend the shootout if it was held on a different weekend?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
    I don't know that it's a question that can answered honestly. I guess the easier question to ask is how many WOULDN'T come if it was on a different date.
    The reason it's being considered is because many that attended, and several veterans that come every year, have mentioned that the heat is getting harder and harder to overcome.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

Staying at BG is a great thought. What other tracks could be as accommodating to the LTX shootout that can be considered.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Camaro96 For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

If you impose et limits you would essentially have an index class, correct? I know it was axed a few years ago in favor of the true street class. Is an index class something that people want to see again
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    If you impose et limits you would essentially have an index class, correct? I know it was axed a few years ago in favor of the true street class. Is an index class something that people want to see again
    Do not impose ET limits, just try to have people put themselves in classes that they should be. I don't think I wouldn't come if I knew the class was covered but it certainly puts a damper on things when someone runs away with a class.

IMO, and I have only been to one so I am a n00b, but the event isn't about winning, its about the people and getting some cool cars together for a weekend of chatting/racing/good times. So, people should just try to place their car in classes they feel it will be competitive in. Accidents happen with new build cars sure, and that will happen, but intentionally trying to sweep all the classes is not in the sport of the event. Chasing records should be in outlaw class, sooo ya.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I know what car you're referring to and we are going to check with STS on equivalent sizing of rear mount systems to help level the playing fields.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

LTXTech Sponsor

Status

I can see valid points made by all about the date and Joelster has a great view oin the other side.

If possible maybe a poll to get an idea whe that would possibly lose compared to who it doesn't effect.

I will be there regardless so its not effecting me. The cooler weather and lower ET's would be nice but if that is gonna effect several members from even showing up I can see keeping it that weekend.

I know that Jeff Stark had the opinion in the past that he wanted it this weekend but mentioned this weekend that he is willing for it to be later.

If he has to vote 9not that he is not cooking in the heat he might change his mind again but as of Saturday about 4 PM when loading uop after the Shooitout he was all for it being later.

Can there be a poll created for this subject?

Registered drivers from this/previous year or actual drivers that will potentially be there should have there vote mean more than a spectater like myself.

Lloyd

Regardless of car's performances, I am pretty sure I was seeing things by the end of the day in that heat
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Kyle
    Vehicle
    '95 Trans Am

No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Kyle

just ur everyday slow LT1. wanna try her out?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast