Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

Default MY 2015 LTX Shootout

Now that we've made it back and unloaded everything from the 2015 LTX Shootout I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for another great year. I know it's been said several times but I want to tell a story to back up the statements that the people that race and attend this event are among the best group of racers I've ever been around.

My truck had some trouble about an hour outside of Bowling Green which forced me to stop on the side of the highway. I had been talking with Lloyd Elliott @
    NightTrain66 on the way from KC to BG to see when everyone was going to arrive at the hotel. After learning of our trouble Lloyd who was ridding with Ray @Chopstix immediately offered to help. They were also about an hour outside BG and stopped at a parts store on the way to the hotel buying everything I could possibly need to get the truck fixed on the side of the road. Once they got to the hotel they dropped Ray's trailer and headed to our location which was literally a pin drop screen shot on google maps! They arrived we got the truck going and got to the hotel. As I drove tot he hotel happy to be off the side of the highway I realized I see these guys once a year for a weekend. They just drove from Texas to Kentucky, dropped their trailer and then drove an hour north to help us totaling two more hours of driving. They volunteered this help without hesitation. For me that sums up the attitude, atmosphere, and spirit of the people who makeup the LTX Shootout and the LTX community. I can't thank Ray and Lloyd enough for helping us, I don't even know what that tow bill would have been!

The story doesn't end there though. At the track a racer who was very competitive in the class he was in broke a part. Ray had already decided his car was done for the day offered the part off his car to the other racer (who was in the same class) so they could continue to race. The smiles, helpfulness, and friendly competitive atmosphere are like nothing you've experienced at a racetrack unless you've been to a Shootout.

Then you get to the after party. The parking turns into a make shift bars on the backs of trailers, boxes of pizza arrive for everyone, and all the friendly faces arrive with coolers and a lawn chairs. For those who've never been or say it's too far I can promise you, it's worth the drive.

Thank you to the LTX Community, Brad @
    79LT1Monte, and the entire Certified Performance group for all the work behnid the scenes to keep this event alive.

Looking forward to the 2016 LTX Shootout and being the 2016 Mod N/A champ! Jeff @
    Badhawk!

Josh Laitner
    BDB Racing LLC
    Last edited by 96LT1355Z28; 09-07-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 96LT1355Z28 For This Post: