Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Braxton
    Vehicle
    1996 ws6 trans am

Default Rigid plastic reapir with Plastifix

Hey everyone I want to share a product that works great for any rigid plastic ( don't use on more flexible plastics like bumper covers made from pp or urethane, better off being welded). I have repaired numerous things with it, such as the column that snaps in around the gauges with a million of double sided clips that are held on by nothing hardly. It is now stronger than factory. I first tried super glue and messy epoxy and it just does not hold but this stuff is super strong. Today I did some repairs on my air box, which had a hole bigger than a quarter where it bolts down and a stud hole was falling off but could be used on the dash or whatever. Hope yall have the chance to use this product.
    I bought this at Urethane Supply Company. Just etch and bevel all edges and v groove the cracks, then grind or sand to desired finish (etc). Its a 2 part with a powder and liquid. It comes in clear, white , and black. I use aluminum tape to put over places that are getting filled or to keep pieces lined up properly.
    Last edited by ws66; 08-27-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    96 ws6 trans am 355, stock top end, nitrous cam, strange 60, umi tunnel mount tq arm, control arms, panhard, and Viking shocks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ws66 For This Post: