Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

• Navigation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default Stopped to get my wife coffee enroute from work this morning.........

And this is what I get. Plowed sitting at a red light on the way home.

Think she's going to be a goner. Buckled the floor pan even. Three of the four doors don't open at all (entire passenger side) or are contacting (rear drivers side). Dude that hit me was very apologetic, admitted fault, etc. He left close to 40' of stripes. All I heard was SCREEEEEEECH and I tensed instinctively, then WHAM!

I declined the waambulance ride to get checked out, just sore. Waiting to sleep for a few hours and see how I feel later this evening when I wake up. I'm more bummed about the car. Picked it up as a driver in May and really enjoyed it, worked great as a family car when we wanted to take something more economical than our Pacifica.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to take the short end of the stick here because I have to find another car now, not to mention pay tax, etc. I think it's going to shit can our plans for the shootout unless the other guys insurance gives me a good offer (and I don't end up unable to move my arm or neck later today or tomorrow).

SO THANKFUL I didn't take the Vette. I almost did last night. I'd have gone ballistic if this had been that car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Just saw on fb. Glad ur ok.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

That sucks man. Glad you weren't hurt.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

No offense but dumb move on declining medical look, especially when you were clearly not at fault.

Sucks to hear man, hope things work out well.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

The good news is... the crash is documented simce the police were on scene. A follow up visit a day or so after, to the dr is common place with rear end crashes, so as long as he follows up at the sign of ANY aches it will be just as good.

Idk if he refused being looked at or just being transported. If looked at, at the scene... there is good documentation.

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    The good news is... the crash is documented simce the police were on scene. A follow up visit a day or so after, to the dr is common place with rear end crashes, so as long as he follows up at the sign of ANY aches it will be just as good.

Idk if he refused being looked at or just being transported. If looked at, at the scene... there is good documentation.

Yea, I should have clarified, in NJ, if you refuse the ride from the scene, any future medical issues are null and void. If thats that consistent in other states, my apologies.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Yea, I should have clarified, in NJ, if you refuse the ride from the scene, any future medical issues are null and void. If thats that consistent in other states, my apologies.
    Wow. Thats horrible. Many injuries are undetectable for first 24 hours. NJ really hates its residents!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Glad to see you're OK! Cars can be replaced. Hope his insurance pulls through.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Well, here's the latest. Insurance is giving me $35xx for the car, and I've already gotten a $500 payout for "pain and suffering" since I pulled some neck muscles and pretty much every muscle down my left arm in the accident. Nothing major, never saw a doctor, was no worse for wear two days later. I told them it wasn't necessary but they insisted. Sure, ok, if you want to throw money at me, I'll take it, lol.

Decided to step up on a driver car to something far nicer than a $3K driver, something not necessarily with a warranty still, but fairly new, well equipped, and with good room and economy. Have some friends with TDI VW's and really like them, so started the hunt. Ended up figuring out that a 2012+ Passat was about the only one that I felt was a proper balance of size and options for those situations where we pack two car seats, my wife and I, and the dog in for a trip.

Drove three freaking hours yesterday to look at this car. http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...8894/overview/ Looks fantastic in pictures. Get there and initially the car looks great, drove great. Got to looking closer and started noticing things. Rear bumper was poorly replaced, obvious off color paint, poor alignment. LOTS of little nicks and scratches in the paint, and the roof was just scarred up. Of all things, railroad tracking in the paint (railroad dust rusting embedded in the paint)???!!! Go in to talk numbers, and the FIRST piece of paper that comes across the desk is a Manufacturer Buyback Mandatory Disclosure notification! WTF! No mention of this in the ad. I looked closer after the fact and the verbage "This car was repurchased by the Manufacturer to promote customer satisfaction" actually means "this car has a branded title and is permanently marked as a buyback/lemon on carfax because it had a interior module fire and was deemed to have a major defect." Needless to say I was PISSED. I was still considering the car because we don't plan to resell, but needed to protect myself. They wouldn't come down to $14K off of $14.5K (KBB puts it right at 16-17K without the title issues). We walked and I was torqued because the next best car I could find was another 3 hours away north of Chicago (we were a half hour west of Grand Rapids at this point.

Did a last second search and noticed one on AutoTrader that I missed in Grand Rapids. No pic which is probably why I didn't see it. Listed as Blue, Moonrock interior (whatever the heck that is), 91K miles, asking $14,536. Decided to go check it out since we were close anyway. Glad I did.

Soon as I saw it I got excited. I've had very good luck with blue cars (Vette, Pacifica, Audi A6) and I was very happy it wasn't the overly girly baby blue. The moonrock interior was actually a MINT tan leather with suede inserts on the seats. Clean as a whistle car (normal nicks in the paint from 91K miles of driving, but not bad at all). Pretty much as spotless as you can get. One owner, no accidents, only found a single ding on the rear passenger quarter right above the tire. And it's an SEL so it's fully loaded (Nav, Bluetooth, SD Card in the stereo, etc). Soon as I sat in it I knew this was the car. Drove good save for a vibration they're checking out today that I think is a combination of a bad shock and a out of round tire. But made the deal, and we're going back up tomorrow (Thursday) to pick it up. I'm stoked. Other than the Vette this is the most we've paid for a car (our Pacifica was a steal at $12K when we bought it in 2008) and I'm not overly excited about a $15K loan, but it's only at 2.75% interest and I should have it paid off in 2 years or so, faster if I really knuckle down on it. Really looking forward to trying to see if I can muster 50MPG highway out of it like a lot of the TDI forum guys are doing.
    Last edited by Fastbird; 09-09-2015 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Yesssss, order a downpipe, delete kit and tune right meow!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast