Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Stroker

Default LPP Vendor Question

I recently purchased a set of LPP LT1 long tube headers and y-pipe from this vendor. I must say that the items themselves look great and seem to be of very high quality. My question is, when I finally received these items they arrived in "XS Power" packaging and have "XS Power" nameplates welded on the headers and y-pipe. Naturally, I was very concerned as I was assured that these were 321 stainless and made in the U.S. before I bought them. I looked up the XS Power brand and the headers look nearly identical to what I received. I also contacted XS Power and they said their headers and y-pipe are made of 304 stainless and they are made in China. I contacted Carl from LPP and he assures me that these are 321 stainless and made in Georgia but will not respond as to why these headers say XS Power. The communication from LPP since placing my order up to now has been extremely poor. I just want to know what headers I have. It seems most people who have XS Power systems seem pretty happy with them while a few have had some pretty bad experiences.
    I just want to know what I have here. Are these actually XS Power headers made of 304 stainless and made in China and LPP is just pulling and bait and switch? Or are they really 321 stainless and made in Georgia? And if so, why are they marked and packaged as a different brand?
    Did I get scammed?
    Thanks for any info.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

@LPP is a sponsor here, however they do not frequent the site to often. I tagged LPP in this post, so hopefully it notifies them.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

lulz, someone forgot to tell Mr. Chinaman to not tag that batch
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

VIP Member

Status

You'd think LPP would actually ship from their own facility if they were trying to hide it. Wow

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Z28 A4

Don't they contract xs power to make the headers? Mine have that same tag. They also fit perfect, so I didn't really give it much thought. My headers did come with bunch of shiny xs power and ssautochrome stickers. They're on my beer fridge now...
    1995 Camaro Z28- T56 swap, LPP, Strano, Koni, Magnaflow, etc...

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by mattgw86 View Post
    Don't they contract xs power to make the headers? Mine have that same tag. They also fit perfect, so I didn't really give it much thought. My headers did come with bunch of shiny xs power and ssautochrome stickers. They're on my beer fridge now...
    You have the same thing? So he contracts XS Power to make them to his specifications? That's what I want to know. It's like ordering a Samsung TV and it arrives in a Sony box with A Sony emblem on the TV so you would naturally think you got a Sony and not the Samsung you thought you were getting.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Z28 A4

Yes, I don't recall anything on the packaging saying LPP. I remember seeing something at one point about him contacting them, but I don't remember if it was here or LS1 tech.
    1995 Camaro Z28- T56 swap, LPP, Strano, Koni, Magnaflow, etc...

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Stroker

When I contacted XS power they told me that all there headers are made from 304 stainless and they are made in China. So now I'm confused as to how he would go through them if his headers are made of 321 stainless and made in Georgia.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Anyone have popcorn? lol I think the topic already came up about LPP headers being made by XS Power and how just because it's made in china doesn't mean it's junk. LPP probably did a good bit of quality control and wanted XS to make the headers to their specifications. Stainless Works has an LT our for other platforms where they do the exact same thing. That's right, a header company outsources a product out which sells for $550 but competes with their own in-house $1200 product.

I wouldn't be afraid to rock a set of LPP LT's, they have great reviews. As long as XS doesn't botch the templates they use and makes the product look good for LPP, they will continue to sell.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

10. The Following User Says Thank You to harner For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by harner View Post
    Anyone have popcorn? lol I think the topic already came up about LPP headers being made by XS Power and how just because it's made in china doesn't mean it's junk. LPP probably did a good bit of quality control and wanted XS to make the headers to their specifications. Stainless Works has an LT our for other platforms where they do the exact same thing. That's right, a header company outsources a product out which sells for $550 but competes with their own in-house $1200 product.

I wouldn't be afraid to rock a set of LPP LT's, they have great reviews. As long as XS doesn't botch the templates they use and makes the product look good for LPP, they will continue to sell.
    Please let me be clear, I am in no way bashing LPP or Chinese brands if, in fact, they are actually one in the same. And I understand and am fully aware that companies often outsource some of the products they sell in just about any category of items.
    However, if you read what I wrote, I am saying that I was told these LPP headers were 321 stainless and made in Georgia. They arrived in XS Power packaging and nameplates. I looked up and contacted XS Power and was told that all of there headers are 304 stainless and made in China and I have no issue with that or am I assuming that they are junk. But, they sell for $399. So my point I guess is I thought I paid for LPP 321 stainless headers made in Georgia. Based on what I actually received, I am now wondering I bought XS Power 304 stainless headers made in China which I could have bought from XS Power for $125 less. So naturally, wouldn't you think that maybe this was possibly a scam?

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast