Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Default Well......this all worked out.....

Just paid off the Vette today. Can't believe it.

Ordering some 18x9.5 and 19x11 CCW SP500's in bright clear anodized finish for it tomorrow I think. Oh yeah, they're being sized appropriately with 1 and 2" lips on the front and rear to clear C6Z brakes that will be coming at some point this year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Congrats man!

LTXtech.com is my Drug...

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Man. Good wheels are expensive, and CCW's could be considered the lower echelon of the GOOD wheels. But dang. I'm having a hard time actually picking up the phone to make the order. This is what I'm doing though:

SP500's with a 2" rear lip and 1" front lip to clear the forthcoming C6Z brake setup:

But in this finish, bright clear anodized:

18x9.5 with 265/40-18 up front (undecided on tire) and 19x11 with 305/35-19 MT ET Street Radials out back. Tuck under stock wheel wells, don't stick out at all, and will look sick I hope.

But dang, this is an expensive phone call for just wheels, nevermind I'll still have to drop a grand into tires minimum, plus since it'll be apart, I'm going to spend the just shy of $500 and convert to the 2001 receiver/TPMS/Keyless fobs ( early passive entry fobs are about $100 each and very tempermental, and the early TPMS are about $75 each vs. $40 each for later ones).

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

I would like that finish on a busier wheel design personally. Would the entire wheel be in that finish or just the center? I assume you are going 1 piece which means one finish I think.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Yeah, entire wheel in that finish. I don't want the overplayed look nor the arsepain maintenance of the full polished wheel. If it was a 2 or 3 piece wheel you could do the center in the anodized with the barrel in polish, but I'm not dropping another $2000 on top of the $3700 I'm getting ready to drop.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Hmm I dunno. I think that finish in the entire wheel would make a relatively plain wheel look more plain imo. The thing is everything usually looks better in person so tough to say. Your $ of course so get what you want. I'm sure you won't be swayed by anyone's preference but since you posted, these are my thoughts.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Aubrey
    Vehicle
    (2) 1994 Camaro Z28

I spend a smooth G on Michelin M/S on my F150...seems like a bargain if ya can get the tires ya want for under 2G's.
    '94 Z28 Red, SLP Ultra Z hood/air box/spoiler, LT1 w/deletions & mods, 4L60e Pro Race build by​ CPT, Pacesetter LTs with stainless Speed Engineering LS1 True Duals, LS1 front brakes, Kenny Brown Double Diamond SFCs.
    '94 Z28 Arctic White, T-tops, retired.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Well, MT ET Street Radials in 305/35-19 are about $375 a piece. I'm sticking with BFG or Michelin simply because it's who I work for and I know the product. I think something like a Michelin Pilot would be overkill, but I'm really itching to try a BFG Rival T/A on the car. If anything it would ensure I replace all four tires at the same time, lol.

I must be sick in the head. Guy is selling some SP505's in the sizes and offset I need, polished but clearcoated, and the clear is peeling. WITH tires for $1800, no tires, $1400. I'm so tempted to grab the wheels, have the centers powdercoated and stick with a polished lip, or just the entire wheel powdercoated. I'd escape for probably $3K after the refinishing and tires. But they're not THE wheel I want. Even my wife (love her) said "Get the ones you WANT, even if they're grossly more." But still, a set of CCW 18/19's for a C5 for $1400......I'm tempted to buy refinish and flip.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    Hmm I dunno. I think that finish in the entire wheel would make a relatively plain wheel look more plain imo. The thing is everything usually looks better in person so tough to say. Your $ of course so get what you want. I'm sure you won't be swayed by anyone's preference but since you posted, these are my thoughts.
    Completely respect your thoughts and appreciate the feedback. I freely admit, they're plain. But it's the essence of what they bring to the table. Plain yet look like they belong with the car, lower weight, super high quality.

As my best friend says......baller status, lol.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    rob
    Vehicle
    1993 z28

Fwiw I think it will look tits! Go for it
    BUILD THREAD PROJECT "BAIL MONEY"93 Z28 STOCK BOTTOM END/HEADS, MSD COIL, MSD 6AL, MSD 8972 RETARD, L.E. CAM 227/235 565/579 110 LSA, COMP 1.6 RR, PCM OF NC TUNE, PACESETTER LTS, !CATS/EMISSIONS, ORY, DUMPED BULLET, EDGE 3600 STALL, 3:23 10 BOLT, LCAS, RELO BRACKETS, PHB, 125 SHOT - (ALMOST READY TO SPRAY....)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast