Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Good lord. That's VERY impressive considering the relatively low (OK, REALLY LOW) SCR. Talk about a combo that's working well together. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

That thing is going to love boost.

The heads do seem awfully small for a boosted 397, but AI knows what they are doing so it probably was on purpose to keep the power down in the sub 6500RPM range.
    93 Medium Patriot Red Z28: Forged 383,GTP'd AFR 220s(@227ccs), LE .7xx" Billet SR,1.7 Shaftmounts,24x,Maxed Supervic,4150 TB. :12 Metallic Spark Black ZX14R: 1.5" drop, GP slipons, -2 Vortex rear. 152mph trap SWB, stock motor...now with Nitrous... :09 Victory Red LS3 Z51 Vette: Blackouts, muffler delete, sub. Purchased bone stock w/18k mi.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

DAMN! JeZus, Baby Jesus, or Holy Cow...whatever you want to call it that's a bad mamma jamma!
    Do you have pictures of the car that it's going into?
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Karl Ellwein
    Vehicle
    1995 Impala SS

This is a link to the owner's web site. Anders Envall. It is informative and entertaining. Lots of good photos and fun reading.
    http://blackout.nu/

There is something about keeping the power peak under 6500rpm Puck. You have a very good point. My other Sweden customer with a very similar combo ran his LT1 motor to 7200 rpm (with F2 blower) and he is still recovering and salvaging the motor. That rpm really stressed it. The bores were scuffed up from thrust. His damage from running it at that RPM and the 1125 hp @ 7200 rpm and 34 psi boost is what convinced me to 1/2 fill the block and keep the rpm down for this motor.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karl Ellwein For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Guillaume
    Vehicle
    95 Caprice & 89 RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Ellwein View Post
    This is a link to the owner's web site. Anders Envall. It is informative and entertaining. Lots of good photos and fun reading.
    http://blackout.nu/

There is something about keeping the power peak under 6500rpm Puck. You have a very good point. My other Sweden customer with a very similar combo ran his LT1 motor to 7200 rpm (with F2 blower) and he is still recovering and salvaging the motor. That rpm really stressed it. The bores were scuffed up from thrust. His damage from running it at that RPM and the 1125 hp @ 7200 rpm and 34 psi boost is what convinced me to 1/2 fill the block and keep the rpm down for this motor.

Do you think a motor with a stock stroke and 6.00" rods would live longer at high RPM?

You got me worried about my motor... 3.48" stroke, 6.00" rods with AI 215cc TFS heads and a Victor E intake. Should spin to 6500-7000 RPM.
    1989 Mazda RX7 Turbo II, 357ci LT1, AI TFS CNC heads, Garrett GTX4708R, Ford 8.8" SAS, TH400. (Current project)
    1995 Chevy Caprice, Twin turbo 357ci LT1, 9.96 @ 141.2 mph (sold)

Any insight on piston cooling via oil squirters Karl?
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Karl Ellwein
    Vehicle
    1995 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by GuillaumeC View Post
    Do you think a motor with a stock stroke and 6.00" rods would live longer at high RPM?

You got me worried about my motor... 3.48" stroke, 6.00" rods with AI 215cc TFS heads and a Victor E intake. Should spin to 6500-7000 RPM.
    I think that will be fine due to the 6" rods and short stroke. Sounds like a good combo Guillaume. Just know that all of the 1000 hp motors I have torn down have out of round bores. They run fine even with the out of round, (up to a point). I'm going to see what the block fill does.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Karl Ellwein For This Post:

Very nice Karl, it's good to see you here! I'm certain that you don't remember me but we spoke a few times years ago, I'm glad you're here!

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro z28

Lots of good info on this topic/posting.
    94' Z -383 LTx, AI TFS 215cc heads/C/I
    S60 rear
    Stepped Hedman Hustlers an a Monoblade TB

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

Thank you for the great example of a powerful LT-1 will look forward to see more of your work with LT-1
    Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast